Have you tried dating despite never experiencing a crush?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kiryoku1428
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Aug 2018, 7:41 pm

For instance, I would like someone to bond with long term, but I'm so slow at bonding in general and friends tend to be short term because they prioritize family and romantic interests. It makes me wonder if I'm to have someone in my life I need to find my own romantic interest that will make our relationship as much of a priority as me. However, I haven't had a crush before. A part of me always thought that I might develop an interest after I have a chance to build strong trust. Yet it seems silly to try dating if you have never been romantically attracted before.

Has anyone tried anyway? Any success, like someone giving you more time to build the attraction from a friendship, or being happy with a queer platonic, yet committed partnership?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2018, 7:59 pm

It would be a counterproductive to "force things."

Why do you want a relationship with someone, if you really don't feel the desire?

I am a sexual person, and I've had sex many times. But that's because I had crushes, and felt sexual desire.

If you don't feel sexual desire, or romantic desire, then why try to push yourself into being someone you are not?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 6:43 pm

My girlfriend and I both have the same medical condition and we first met two years ago when we were in a class together at our school.

One day, she had a seizure that scared everyone in the room, including me and our professor. She was treated on-site and later released. After class finished for the day, we ate lunch at a nearby restaurant and we clicked almost immediately.

One week later, I had a seizure in the middle of class and had to be taken to a nearby hospital. My girlfriend arrived shortly after class finished for the day and we just talked.

We went on our first date about one week later.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Aug 2018, 2:35 am

I never had a crush persay except on a celeb & that was after me & my 1st girlfriend broke up & I was trying for years to find somebody else. I've had two relationships since then including my current. I kind of skipped the dating phase with all 3 of my relationships, we met online & things got serious before we ever met up offline & by then we were past the dating stage. I think I become attracted to women after I get to know them & we get close because I was obsessed with all 3 of those girls as things became serious & I was also defiantly attracted to them. I kind of skipped the whole butterflies in my stomach thing & I was never pinning after them until things got serious. I tried dating offline & online with most any woman that seemed might be willing to give me half a chance & met my criteria of what I wanted in a partner which wasn't much at all but none of them were ever interested in me. All 3 of those girls/women kind of made the 1st move on me. I'm sort of demisexual in that I don't really get physical attraction outside of a serious romantic relationship. I don't feel sexual attraction to the celeb either thou I defiantly think she's very gorgeous but I see her as more of a goddess than anyone I'd want to f#ck. I have other romantic thoughts about her thou instead of sexual 1s. I was/am sexually attracted to all 3 of my girlfriends thou but not until after things had gotten serious. Perhaps being demisexual is some of the reason I've only had one crush.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition