Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 2:56 pm

I need people to obsess with about BTS. If you don't like BTS / Kpop i don't need to hear it. you can leave me alone to rant about how cute RM's smile is by myself.

~ shippers welcomed.

for context

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 3:42 pm

no BTS fans???

look at this cute smile :oops:

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 5:37 pm

ARMY for life! :D I began listening to kpop because of them really and omg that song is perfection! My bias is Jungkook and V, but i love all of them really. Btw just in case you didn't watch,

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 9:22 pm

AprilR wrote:
ARMY for life! :D I began listening to kpop because of them really and omg that song is perfection! My bias is Jungkook and V, but i love all of them really. Btw just in case you didn't watch,

yaaay fellow ARMY :D

I love V and Kookie. I change bias everyday ahah I love RM tho because he is the cutest leader (and hella smart!) Jimin is also growing on me with his iconic and over the top stage presence... honestly, i love them all.

love this song. I discovered BTS a week ago as i fell into the rabbit hole of K pop. I don't see myself coming out of it anytime soon. :mrgreen:

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 1:20 am

^Aren't they all so cool? RM is also cute, and he seems like such a nice, mellow person too!
Ooh, a new fan! Welcome to the shiny world of kpop, once you're in here you can never leave! :) i've recently started to listen to Exo and a few girl groups too and they're really growing on me also but BTS will always be my favorite!
A friend and i were thinking about going to the concerts in September but apparently you're so far from the stage you can barely see them so we decided not to go.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 10:16 am

oooh you should go anyway! it looks like such a blast. i've decided i will go to korea maybe next yr and see them there :heart:

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 7:03 pm

Ahh going to Korea is one of my biggest dreams, if only it wasn't so expensive! I'm hoping to see them on Korea too, and possibly attending a fan meeting (only in my dreams..) I'm so excited another kpop fan is here too!

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2018, 5:46 am

It's taken a while for these guys to grow on me but I'm really digging their new single "Idol".

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 2:09 pm

^ I love it as well! Apparently there's also a lot of symbolism in the video as well as the lyrics, which i think is amazing!

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 3:54 pm

AprilR wrote:
^ I love it as well! Apparently there's also a lot of symbolism in the video as well as the lyrics, which i think is amazing!

what is that???

also I have some AMAZING news. I'm going to Japan in November!! !! a lot to plan and super nervous but hugely excited. I know it's not SK or BTS related but it relates to my obsession with all things east asian :oops:
and truly, Japan + anime + manga was my first ever main obsession so this holiday is... very important. hopefully i'll pick up some Japanese whilst there ^^

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 1:44 am

Gallia wrote:
what is that???

also I have some AMAZING news. I'm going to Japan in November!! ! ! a lot to plan and super nervous but hugely excited. I know it's not SK or BTS related but it relates to my obsession with all things east asian :oops:
and truly, Japan + anime + manga was my first ever main obsession so this holiday is... very important. hopefully i'll pick up some Japanese whilst there ^^

OMG we have the same obsessions! I've never been to japan but my Best friend has and i've seen the photos and videos, it seems like such an amazing place! There are so many great places to go like Ghibli museum, Fushimi Inari sihrine, Gion, Nara with all the deers, Akihabara! There were also themed Cafe everywhere, like shingeki no kyojin Cafes, cat Cafes, and everything! I'm so glad you're able to go too, don't worry about the Language, japanese people are apparently very understanding about that. Enjoy your trip!

Now onto the video, my Best friend told me a lot of these but, apparently Bts has been accused of being too western, forgetting their roots so there are a couple of symbols relating to that. For example the "ulsoo" in the lyrics references the traditional korean music Pansori. The Tiger in the video also represents Korea and at some part of the video there's a drawing Jimin made. That shows them small and gradually becoming bigger, shows how far they came in terms of popularity. There's also a rabbit on the moon image in the video, which is related to an asian folk tale. I'm sure there's more but that's as far as i can remember!

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2021, 2:55 pm

In 2021, they've made so many achievements. They are now 2 time grammy-nominated artists. Can you believe it? Time flies by!

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 3:39 pm

Yeah, i cant wait to see them (hopefully) on mama 2021!

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2021, 4:17 pm

I hope they win a grammy this time.