Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Frost Flower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2018, 5:22 pm

Does anyone experience physical sickness from sensory disorders or breaking routines?

As a kid, I sometimes had nosebleeds or I was throwing up during meltdowns and shutdowns. It used to happen in new places, new situations and noisy environments. It eventually stopped until a few weeks ago (as an adult, I've mostly felt diziness in social situation and new places, shutdowns have become rare, but light or smells still make me feel nauseous). My professional situation is changing, I have to deal with new tasks, and it has all come back.

I also never really know how I feel. I never feel stressed before doing something new or big, I become slowly dizzy during and I feel exhausted or sick after.

I am currently on sick leave, I don't know how to deal with all of that.

Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker.
Thank you.

MegaraUchiha
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2018, 2:42 am

I get nosebleeds and headaches towards weed smell.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 6:40 am

Yes, usually sneezing, cold symptoms, or a little vomit in my throat. I thought this was mostly from light, but might be from seeing a lot of text (too much detail?).

Also, not really sickness, but if I laugh I'll start to blackout/feel faint, my head will hurt at the top/back (like muscles tighten). If I talk actively for maybe 20 minutes my face will tingle and start to fall asleep.

Purpledragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2018, 7:08 am

If I'm overloaded I get headaches/migrains, nausea, muscle pain and stiffness and feel exhausted for a long time. I have tried to cope all my life and figure out how to live a somewhat normal life, but now I haven't been able to work for almost two years.