Weird message from woman who I barely remember

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 10:25 pm

Tonight, I got a very weird message on Facebook from a woman who I didn't remember or adding as my list of Facebook friends which was out of the blue but she was networked with several people from my first synagogue. She didn't bother starting the conversation by reminding me who she was or how she met. Rather she said is "I hope you are well," and when I asked if I knew her she didn't answer me and she said "Oh that's great," before going onto to talk about some international grant that is supposed to be supplemental to people with disabilities. Meanwhile, she didn't really ask me how I was doing or any of the cool things that I do.

I told her I wasn't comfortable with talking about personal situations over the phone and she didn't seem to hear me. Rather she again forced international grant. I told her again that I am doing just fine before making it clear that I wasn't comfortable discussing anything further with her.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 8:10 am

Maybe it's some sort of scam.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 8:14 am

"She" is likely a bot.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 8:19 am

I agree with “scam” or “bot.”

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 12:27 pm

After I unfriended her, I got another friendship add from someone who works with special needs. Yeah I blocked messages from getting in touch with me again.

Jaymcgrath
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Aug 2018, 12:31 pm

Scam id say, maybe her account was hacked