30 years old and still alone

Page 4 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 3:25 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
I've noticed Marknis, that maybe you can't meet a girl because you're still pining for this Ally lady that you used to be in contact with? forgive me if i'm wrong but i've noticed that you mention her alot in the post, it sounds to me that you're missing her still and you're feeling lonely and down because of her being gone.

I don't have romantic feelings for her. I just miss talking to her because she was supportive of me wanting a girlfriend and told me she would make a celebratory thread for me if it happened.
I was trying to meet girls even when we talked.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 3:53 pm

Marknis wrote:
I've noticed Marknis, that maybe you can't meet a girl because you're still pining for this Ally lady that you used to be in contact with? forgive me if i'm wrong but i've noticed that you mention her alot in the post, it sounds to me that you're missing her still and you're feeling lonely and down because of her being gone.

I don't have romantic feelings for her. I just miss talking to her because she was supportive of me wanting a girlfriend and told me she would make a celebratory thread for me if it happened.

Oh i see. Aww that was nice of her to say that about doing a celebratory thread, how thoughtful. I hope you'll reunite and find your friend again. As for finding a girlfriend, i'm sure you will find someone. Try to not get down about it and focus on your hobbies and interests.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 12:14 am

Marknis wrote:

Oh i see. Aww that was nice of her to say that about doing a celebratory thread, how thoughtful. I hope you'll reunite and find your friend again. As for finding a girlfriend, i'm sure you will find someone. Try to not get down about it and focus on your hobbies and interests.

I unfortunately also struggle with my hobbies. Whenever I attempt them, the results are always unsatisfactory and having depression makes me lose interest in them. It's a vicious cycle because I wish I was good at my interests but I've fallen far behind with them and I fear I can't catch up.

sleepingpancake
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2018, 12:55 am

but, but isn't age just a number?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 1:10 am

sleepingpancake wrote:

No, this is a lie.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 8:19 am

Marknis wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Are they 'jerks' because they have girlfriends, or do they have girlfriends because they are 'jerks'?
It feels like the latter.
Feelings are irrelevant. What do you know about them?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 8:54 am

I'm surprised more people don't remember Alliekit.

She was a prominent part of the Forum for about a year or so. She is a scientist who was having trouble getting grants to pursue her PhD (in what, I forgot). She has a fiancé whom she's very committed to. They have their arguments; but their relationship seemed to be very intact.

She often gave sensible advice when it came to romance....and when it came to "body type." She believed more in the person underneath than in superficial impressions.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:28 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sleepingpancake wrote:

No, this is a lie.

No, age is just a number. Quite irrelevant.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:31 am

About Markins, I agree that he really should move out. Not having your own place is a big disadvantage when looking for a girlfriend. And not only because girls don't like that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:31 am

rdos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sleepingpancake wrote:
No, this is a lie.
"Age" is a quantitative value that represents the number of years a person has been alive; thus, it is exceedingly relevant in determining one's eligibility for education, employment, civil privileges, legal rights, and retirement benefits.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:34 am

Marknis is in the same position at least some of the young guys here on WP are in:

He has a job that doesn't pay enough for him to move out on his own.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:36 am

Fnord wrote:
Marknis wrote:
... Whenever I am told to work on myself, why is it that the abusive jerks never have to? ...
It's likely that they have already worked on themselves -- they have already put into practice the things that a man has to do to attract a woman. It's likely that the are already employed, earning an income, and living on their own. It's also likely that they have already developed a measure of confidence that comes from acknowledging their self-worth.

I mean, it's not like they magically become attractive the moment they see a pretty girl; it's more like they've been working on their attractiveness since they first realized that girls don't have 'cooties'.

What a load of crap.

Fnord wrote:
It also helps to do the right things and keep doing them, not just half-heartedly trying something a few times and then giving up because the results weren't immediate -- persistence is the key.

Persistence is important, but not in the above sense.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:41 am

Fnord wrote:
rdos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sleepingpancake wrote:
No, this is a lie.
"Age" is a quantitative value that represents the number of years a person has been alive; thus, it is exceedingly relevant in determining one's eligibility for education, employment, civil privileges, legal rights, and retirement benefits.

It is? I'm your age, and I don't feel unable to educate myself, and I'm not counting the years until I retire. I'm completely uninterested in retirement benefits, and the only thing that will happen when I no longer have to work is that I will only work on things I enjoy. A privilege that would be nice to have at any time, but due to social circumstances, it only happens as you retire. I'm also open to starting another family and getting more children. In fact, I find people my age extremely boring.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:50 am

rdos wrote:
Fnord wrote:
rdos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sleepingpancake wrote:
No, this is a lie.
It is? I'm your age, and I don't feel unable to educate myself, and I'm not counting the years until I retire. I'm completely uninterested in retirement benefits, and the only thing that will happen when I no longer have to work is that I will only work on things I enjoy. A privilege that would be nice to have at any time, but due to social circumstances, it only happens as you retire. I'm also open to starting another family and getting more children. In fact, I find people my age extremely boring.
Ah, yes ... I forgot that your experiences, opinions, and perceptions are the only ones that matter to you.

:roll:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 12:00 pm

Marknis wrote:
Marknis wrote:

I unfortunately also struggle with my hobbies. Whenever I attempt them, the results are always unsatisfactory and having depression makes me lose interest in them. It's a vicious cycle because I wish I was good at my interests but I've fallen far behind with them and I fear I can't catch up.

If you don't enjoy it then it's not a good hobby.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 12:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Marknis is in the same position at least some of the young guys here on WP are in:

He has a job that doesn't pay enough for him to move out on his own.

But he can likely qualify for subsidized housing.