Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 9:43 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
So priests are forced to suppress their sexual desires and after a period of time, it starts to take a toll on the priests' mental health to the point where their sexual desires start coming out in other odd behaviors. The lack of mention of pedophilia in the bible is their loophole to get their rocks off somehow.

No. That is not the case.

First:

I would assume that the Bible forbids any sex outside of marriage. So that would defacto forbid most child molestation.

An adult man cant have sex with an underage boy because that would male homosexuality which is expressly forbidden in Leviticus, and an adult man could have sex with a girl of any age -but only if he marries her- and stays monogamous to her for life (even if she is underage). If he doesn't marry her then its fornication -which is against the Bible. So if you followed the Bible you would not molest boys at all, and you would have to stop with the first little girl, and then leave the priesthood to marry that little girl, and then not touch anyone else (male female underage or not underage) ever again.

Second:

With one exception I have never heard of a pedo priests "use the Bible to justify it". Like the Mob laundering money they just do it in secret and hope to get away with it, and hope to never have to justify it in public.

Actually I do recall that there was one priest on Sixty Minutes many years ago who did try to use somekind theological argument to fend off accusations of hypocrisy . Some kind of thing about how when he did it "there was no passion involved. Therefore its not a sin". WTF?

But my theory is that the job requirement of celibacy attracts weird types who might already have pedo tendencies.

Homosexuality is forbidden.

In the Old Testament, some men had many wives and concubines. In the New Testament, that sort of thing is discouraged, though.

Much of the Bible is contradictory, so people can pretty much take what they want from it.

I’ve heard people used the Bible as an excuse not to report abuse.

Deuteronomy 19:15 “One witness is not enough to convict anyone of any crime or offense they may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of 2 or 3 witnesses” (NIV).

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 1:21 am

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 1:54 am

as extensive as this seems, it could very well be the tip of the iceberg.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 1:59 am

auntblabby wrote:

Very probably.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 2:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Very probably.

and very likely, as old as the institution itself.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 5:25 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
There’s been a lot of child sexual abuse going on in churches lately. There probably always has been, but it’s been getting more media as of late. Yay for the press!

Internal documents from 6 Catholic dioceses involving 300 priests and over 1,000 victims has recently been reported on the news out of Harrisburg.

Also:

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.g ... nesses.pdf

In Australia, there were 1006 pedophiles with over 1800 victims that were known to elders in the Jehovah’s Witness congregations and none of them were reported to the police.

I thought about putting this stuff in the News forum, but it seemed applicable to PPR.

As a human, and lifelong Pennsylvania resident, I find it pretty disgusting. Strange to me that we can have difficulty with priests marrying, but the 10 Commandments forbid imagery, and no one cares about that anymore.

First Penn State, now this. Revolting, and an ongoing tragedy.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 11:26 am

Imagine a Book that is 100 Percent True no Matter How Contradictory it obviously is; the Start of Just another Gas-lit Reality as overall that is what most Religion is and the reason it works is Humans Bond in Common Binds no
matter Truth or Lies or overall Dark or Light in life also known once again at core of what Religion even is
as no matter how False or True or Light or Dark the Beliefs may be THAT Harm some folks and help
other Folks; the Group Sticks together as Hairless Apes are always Stronger overall together
when they Cooperate to overall Survive through both Scarcity and Abundance too.

In Relatively Small Countries that are Relatively Homogenous where a Free Market
and Social Welfare that works for enough Abundance for Social Nets that capture folks
truly in Need, Organized Religion tends to disappear as no longer is it That Common Bonding
and Binding Force Part of Culture Necessary for Survival and even for the Group Effort to Thrive as
the Regulations of Government work to support the Common Purpose and Meaning in a Culture that Both
Survives and Thrives as Scandinavian Countries Show this Works. Additionally, the 20 Most Peaceful Societies
in the World are still mostly Small, Homogenous, and Work Toward Common Purpose and Meaning where Giving and Sharing is the common way of life for binding bonds of Meaning and Purpose that and who Most all Agree in Feeling
And Sensing a Life of Thrive is a Holy and Sacred Way of life at core that yes, most all Actually Feel in Bonding Comfort.

This doesn't Work well in Huge Heterogenous Societies for when one gets a Melting Pot one get as many Religions
as one Gets Ingredients of the Human Soup. And, in Fact, when Culture becomes even more Diluted as Ingredients
as all the Cultural Channels 'YOUtube Life' Brings now past the Old Three Black and White Channels then of Common
America as now one Gets Alex Jones and the Like and all their Minions as Part of That Religion too; Yes, Trump(S) too.

To Understand the Smaller Issue it's Most Often a Greater Idea to see the Larger Picture too. Religion at most
Basic Purpose and Meaning is a Bonding and Binding Force for Human Surviving and Thriving with Mostly
Hairless Apes Holding Hands and repeating whatever the commonly Shared Language of Life is for
The Warm and Fuzzy of Life for those who are Capable of even feeling that. These Folks still now are
not as likely to seek Power and Status Versus other Folks who are empty inside; either born or raised
still without the Ability to feel the Warm and Fuzzy Feelings of the Neurohormone Oxytocin that makes
life enough as is as without that Addictions Along with Power and Status over others truly never fills and
feels an Empty Human 'Soul' Up as Warm and Fuzzy Hands with a Tear of Comfort; particularly Males who
Live in 'Desert Scarcity' where 'Big Daddy' Says don't cry son, don't smile, for you must be cold inside one day
to become a Warrior and Kill the other Tribe to Secure Resources of Life Ranging from Food and Drink to Mates.

Religions that are mostly Tribal in Nature; namely Abrahamic ones based from Desert Scarcity Promote a Tribal
God who is alway for 'us' instead of 'them'. Bottom Lines of this Paragraph, when one lives in 'Trump Scarcity'
whether that is an Empty Wallet, a Desert without Water, or an Empty 'Soul' that and who cannot even
Feel the Warm and Fuzzy Feeling inside from Petting a Domesticated Animal like a Cat or a Dog;
Houston we have a Problem, Humans are Bred Less Human than 'Dogs' and even Naturally born
Territorial Killers 'Cats' too. Hug a Cat, a Cat becomes Love; ignore a Cat and a Cat
stays a Cat particularly if left outside without predictable Subsistence offered
up by 'us'.

People get their Predictable Subsistence from Religion like when the Free Market
Social Welfare State provides the Same. And with Religion that becomes an Authoritarian
Dictatorship as A Door Becomes open wider for those who are empty inside and seek the Power
and Status a Dictatorship Brings when Reproach of the Book Underneath it is Beyond Reproach not
unlike the 'Trump Priest or Pastor too'. People with Empathy Sympathy and Compassion don't abuse little
Kids. The Clergy, in general, is Number 8 on an Assessed Checklist For Psychopathy for Folks whose core issue
is a lack of Human Empathy, Sympathy, and Compassion for both those in Need and the most Vulnerable among us,
the Dependent Child.

The Catholic Church is a tightly Controlled Authoritarian Institution in Administration and Subjugation over others
from the Basic Rules to Reproductive Roles/Control; Yes, it's a Man's club too and out of the 'norm' of Nature it's a
Man's so-called Celibate Club that at basic Human Nature is an oxymoron as Males at core are anything
but Celibate as that applies to the rest of Human Nature too, overall. In other Words, the Catholic Church
is one of the Most Fertile Areas for Child Rape there is as the Science of it is finally bearing out as
the Authority is no longer Fully in Control. Sad thing is, is Group think rules False over Truth
and if Modern Politics doesn't illustrate that Fully nothing does. In other Words,
where I go to Catholic Church to keep my Social Animal Bonds in place with the
Folks I've lived around for Decades there is almost Zero Chance that this Horrid Tragedy of
Human Nature will be brought up and a Prayer for Forgiveness for the Church asked. At the Church
I attend as a Group they still believe Faux News; as A Group the Priest said that the Obama Changes
for Gay Marriage made this Country one the Church could no longer even recognize as so-called 'America'.
Meanwhile, at core, the Church is NOT a True Representation of the Good Cop Jesus Part of the New Testament
for the Church Covered up the Worst Sin of all Harming the Future of the Human Species at core the Children
the Children the Little Children 'Hung On A Cross' as Sacrifice for the Psychopathic Souls of Pedophile Priests.

Yeah they know exactly what they are doing; the Problem is they can't feel the Harm they bring to Little Children
as far away from the Good Cop Jesus that is possible in Anti-Christ way the Church still is now; no different than
when they first Promoted a little Brown Shortly Cropped Haired Dude about Five Foot 1 and a 106 Lbs Just
Wandering the Country Side Spreading a Message of Unconditional and Fearless Love with Empty
Pockets in the Dirt with Sandals on to a full Trinity of God to give Full Authority over the Masses
by all the Psychopathic Leaning Souls Without Love to Give and Share just for Free all filled
up in a Dance and Song of Life with no needs but to Hold Hands and Work together
With Love in Common Bonds and Binds of Giving and Sharing more; yes,
this works well in Small and Homogenous Groups of Human Beings
as Humans are Altruistically Evolved not unlike Bonobos to live like this
and survive and thrive too in a state of Love and that is A Square Root One Problem
of all of Humans us versus them in all the ways that comes as Our Culture has become a Virus
to spread what once was just another part of Nature in Balance into A Ravenous Beast out of Balance
that Consumes and Rapes more of all of Nature; yes, inclusive of Little Children too. Apes are Stronger together
in Love in How Bonobos are even more Human than Human overall these days and the F in Evidence of that
continues to become Exposed as Culture is too diffuse now in Freedom of Expression for the Authority to shut
the
Truths
that do
exist down.
True; it would Help if folks could develop
more than what Science shows is now the Average Attention
Span less than a 'Literal Goldfish Now' but that too is part of
Freedom of Expression in Truth of the Diffusion of Central Rules so
what we now have is a whole lot of Growing Pains as more of the 'Hidden Truths/Lies' come out.

Fascinating times these are if one can and will focus long enough to see the Smaller Pictures and the Bigger Picture(S) too.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 1:00 pm

Not making light of people's trauma, but this Onion headline is pretty hilarious: https://www.theonion.com/vatican-on-sex-abuse-report-listen-no-normal-person-1828426080. Food for thought.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 9:18 pm

I think the pope should just give in and open the priesthood, wide open, to married folk. and to women.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 10:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I think the pope should just give in and open the priesthood, wide open, to married folk. and to women.
If that ever happened, Luther would be drinking a mug of beer to celebrate in the Great Beyond. But not Calvin, as he was a blue nose (he'd just drink tea).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 10:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
If that ever happened, Luther would be drinking a mug of beer to celebrate in the Great Beyond. But not Calvin, as he was a blue nose (he'd just drink tea).

they would at least have the advantage of a higher perspective on things.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 10:37 pm

Thing is, it's only the Latin Rite - the Roman Catholics - that insist on (obviously pretended and constantly violated) celibacy.

The Alte Katholikers, the Polish National Catholics, the Eastern Rite - all have no difficulty with married priests, and I saw a service conducted by an ordained woman at the AlteKatholikerKirche when I lived in Switzerland, long ago, after which I totally forgot all my German, especially the spelling, excuse me. :oops: :oops: :oops:

But the officiant was definitely a woman and definitely ordained - administering Communion and all.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I would think so. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I would think so. 8)

may we then join them at a convenient time 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:10 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I would think so. 8)

Just not yet. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I would think so. 8)

Just not yet. :lol:

'tis why I said "convenient" ;)