Why is there so much sex in the gay world

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 12:54 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
have all the gay sex in the world.

Oh, I suppose if you were into that and didn't have a particular type then yeah you could aim for all the gay sex in the world. *shrug* But because I'm picky I've only been with 502 gay boys. I'm okay with just limiting it to all the gay sex with guys my type vs. all the gay sex in the world.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 7:43 am

Well personally I do have standards and I'm not looking to catch STDs. If I do have sex I want it to at least be with somebody I trust and because I actually like the guy. I'm sure I'm not the only guy gay or straight who feels that way. We may be horny but we're not all pigs.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2018, 7:55 am

I had a gay male friend for a while and the only thing he ever spoke about when we met was sex. Literally the only thing. He spoke about his kinks, he had two partners at the same time while also going out and meeting new ones every weekend and he tried to introduce me to roleplaying. :roll: :| I'm not a very sexual person myself so I sort of just sat there listening and trying to still be a good friend and show respect for his "interests". Eventually the friendship died out. I felt used because he only ever contacted me when he had "love problems" and nobody else had any time to listen to him vent.

In general I don't know much about the gay world but as i've been on and off bi-curious i've tried out some apps and I can agree that they're all full of people looking for hook-ups even on apps like Tinder and other dating applications most of the gay women are only looking for hookups, not even the straight men on those apps are that sexual it's quite insane.

I hope this doesn't make me sound like I have anything against gay-people I really don't i'm just sharing my personal experience and also I wonder the same thing myself because it must be hard to find a serious same sex partner when it's like that I never succeeded myself which is why i've always given up and kept dating men.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 8:01 am

superaliengirl wrote:
I had a gay male friend for a while and the only thing he ever spoke about when we met was sex. Literally the only thing. He spoke about his kinks, he had two partners at the same time while also going out and meeting new ones every weekend and he tried to introduce me to roleplaying. :roll: :| I'm not a very sexual person myself so I sort of just sat there listening and trying to still be a good friend and show respect for his "interests". Eventually the friendship died out. I felt used because he only ever contacted me when he had "love problems" and nobody else had any time to listen to him vent.

In general I don't know much about the gay world but as i've been on and off bi-curious i've tried out some apps and I can agree that they're all full of people looking for hook-ups even on apps like Tinder and other dating applications most of the gay women are only looking for hookups, not even the straight men on those apps are that sexual it's quite insane.

I hope this doesn't make me sound like I have anything against gay-people I really don't i'm just sharing my personal experience and also I wonder the same thing myself because it must be hard to find a serious same sex partner when it's like that I never succeeded myself which is why i've always given up and kept dating men.

Don't feel bad because I am gay myself and I completely understand what you mean. It does feel like the gay community is so obsessed with sex. But I like to think that there are gay couples who do take relationships seriously without it just being about sex. They wouldn't be fighting for the right to get married if they weren't out there. :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 8:10 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Well personally I do have standards and I'm not looking to catch STDs. If I do have sex I want it to at least be with somebody I trust and because I actually like the guy. I'm sure I'm not the only guy gay or straight who feels that way. We may be horny but we're not all pigs.

Uh, thanks bud. So many misconceptions in your post it’s not even funny.

Are you suggesting I don’t have standards? :? I just said I’m very picky and have a type; I do have standards, thank you very much.

I’m not looking to catch STD’s, either, which is why I always have pertinent conversations about sexual health and practices, practice safe sex, and take Truvada as PrEP every morning. (Prescription drug that makes it virtually impossible for people to contract HIV)

You can decide that’s a criteria for you to have sex with someone all you want (liking the guy) but not having it as a criteria does Not mean that a guy is a “pig.” Especially not in the sense that “pig,” is a term in the gay sex world that means someone is into very gross unsafe dirty risky sex - so you can take that insult and double shove it where the sun don’t shine. :)

Just because many gay guys are into the hookup scene doesn’t mean we’re uncivilized lesser humans. We simply enjoy the physical pleasures of sexual hookups and that is that. Keep your prejudices, judgements, and “slut shaming,” to yourself & simply live your own sex life however you see fit for you.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 8:13 am

goldfish21 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Uh, thanks bud. So many misconceptions in your post it’s not even funny.

Are you suggesting I don’t have standards? :? I just said I’m very picky and have a type; I do have standards, thank you very much.

I’m not looking to catch STD’s, either, which is why I always have pertinent conversations about sexual health and practices, practice safe sex, and take Truvada as PrEP every morning. (Prescription drug that makes it virtually impossible for people to contract HIV)

You can decide that’s a criteria for you to have sex with someone all you want (liking the guy) but not having it as a criteria does Not mean that a guy is a “pig.” Especially not in the sense that “pig,” is a term in the gay sex world that means someone is into very gross unsafe dirty risky sex - so you can take that insult and double shove it where the sun don’t shine. :)

Just because many gay guys are into the hookup scene doesn’t mean we’re uncivilized lesser humans. We simply enjoy the physical pleasures of sexual hookups and that is that. Keep your prejudices, judgements, and “slut shaming,” to yourself & simply live your own sex life however you see fit for you.

Well I didn't mean to offend you actually I made that post because I thought something was being implied about me wanting to have gay sex.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 8:16 am

:beer: 8)

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 8:18 am

I do apologize. Sometimes I have no filter on my mouth and I say the wrong thing without thinking about it. :oops:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 5:13 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I do apologize. Sometimes I have no filter on my mouth and I say the wrong thing without thinking about it. :oops:

:lol: That’s all of us! Don’t worry about it. 8)

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 9:55 pm

It does kinda seem that way, yes. But not all who are gay do sex constantly. Or at all, in some cases. All sorts of possible reasons.

In my case, I've never done anything with anyone. Very likely, I never will. On one hand, I have zero interest in romance of any sort, so that's out. On top of that, even if I did find myself with someone... I can promise they wouldnt like it. I utterly refuse to do many of the things that seem so prevalent in gay sex. For instance, even if you were to offer me a million dollars, that still would not be enough to convince me to do ANYTHING that's in any way related to anal. Frankly the act disgusts me (and no, I dont care what anyone thinks of that opinion). I dont even want to look at it, let alone do it. There's a very large variety of other things I would refuse to do also. For the most part, this means that nobody would be interested in doing anything with me by default, since most of the things they'd want would be refused no matter what.

But on top of that... I just dont trust anyone. And I tend to dislike most people in any case. On top of that, there are alot of common things that people do that I would simply have no interest in whatsoever. Drinking for instance... ye gods, no. Aint happening... ever. I cant even stand to be around anyone that's had any. The moment the drinking starts, I simply leave. Usually I dont even bother to say goodbye. I dont watch movies, I dont care one bit about sports, and I sure as bloody hell dont do politics. All of that stuff.... yeah, getting together with anyone aint happening. It just aint.

There are plenty of people out there that often TRY to get with someone, but find themselves unable. But then there are those such as myself, who either dont bother, or just say "screw that". Dont get me wrong: I can be as horny as anyone else. But I just take care of that on my own.

Sex may be super common in the "gay world", but there's always exceptions. I know I sure as hell aint the only one.

Creigs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2018, 6:11 am

If you don't want it to be "just sex", then the most important thing is communication. So you contact someone (whether by app, in person or whatever) and start to chat. Maybe you find a connection, but probably it's not really a good one. So you move on. And on. And on. Depending on how fussy you (and they) are, you probably have to go through a lot of attempts before it's anything close. So what do you do while your waiting for something to click? Well a lot will go ahead and have sex anyway, even if it's not going to happen again with the same person -- after all, they haven't had any in a while. Some apps or places (like bars) may be more inclined for the sexual side. Some (like social clubs) more for friends that might never have sex or an intimate relationship at all. You decide what you want. And communicate it. But don't hold out for the impossible dream, be open and flexible too -- some middle way between what you really really want and need, and what you can at least tolerate.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 8:23 am

I don't think I could ever do the bar scene so maybe I could find guys at a social club or gay pride event.

I don't think I really trust the internet because anybody can lie about who they are on the internet.

Raz1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2018, 9:10 am

gay & straight men are the same when it comes to sex some are so horney they want to hook up and for some like me and others we don't want to hook up.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 10:06 pm

....because there are no rules. The gay world need a church that accepts that they are gay and condemns promiscuity. The gay world needs rules that benefit them as human beings adding to acceptance and deep understanding. Promiscuity just gives everybody a bad name. The gay world needs love not sex. I hope I didn't offend.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 10:10 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
....because there are no rules. The gay world need a church that accepts that they are gay and condemns promiscuity. The gay world needs rules that benefit them as human beings adding to acceptance and deep understanding. Promiscuity just gives everybody a bad name. The gay world needs love not sex. I hope I didn't offend.

Just don't join any cults.

thelonelywarrior
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Nov 2018, 5:40 pm

No I've even experienced it in bars that I've gone to and it seems in the gay world the man willing to have sex the most has the most friends. I even once met a guy who says he goes to bed with the guy he's attracted to usually the first date because if they're not compatible in the bedroom that means they're not compatible in the rest of the relationship. And I'm like when did Sex become a compass for how good your relationship with that person is or could be. Because I know straight couple who've been married for many many decades he has his prostate out so he isn't performing in the bedroom anymore. she didn't run to the nearest guy around the corner n go have sex with him the moment her husband Willy stopped working and she had a stroke and forgot it important parts of their life together none of this was caused for a divorce none of this was caused 4 promiscuous Behavior. It was a relationship built on what it should be how they got along with each other as people.