Types of guys who are usually with the hottest girlfriends.

Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 5:57 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
I dislike it when anecdotal evidence is presented as fact.

Appearance isn’t everything to some (or probably even most) women.

I’d most likely rather be with a nerdy guy because we’d probably have more in common. Yay for nerds!

l none ever said that appearance is everything,

alex
Developer
Developer

15 Aug 2018, 6:03 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I’d most likely rather be with a nerdy guy because we’d probably have more in common. Yay for nerds!

none ever said that appearance is everything,.

Doesn't seem like it although you do seem to be clearly attacking her which is not allowed.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 6:09 pm

alex wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Excuse me what the f**k, are you trying to troll me? You are the one using anecdotal evidence, seriously...

Also bloody hell none ever said that appearance is everything, stop distording my words.

Doesn't seem like it although you do seem to be clearly attacking her which is not allowed.

How am I attacking her? Does saying f**k mean that you are attacking a person? I am being harsh but I not attacking her.

And how can you saying that it doesn't seem like that? She just said that she dislikes when anecdotal evidence is presented as a fact and then she uses herself as an example, which is like the most anecdotal thing ever.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 6:14 pm

Peacesells wrote:
alex wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Excuse me what the f**k, are you trying to troll me? You are the one using anecdotal evidence, seriously...

Also bloody hell none ever said that appearance is everything, stop distording my words.

How am I attacking her? Does saying f**k mean that you are attacking a person? I am being harsh but I not attacking her.

And how can you saying that it doesn't seem like that? She just said that she dislikes when anecdotal evidence is presented as a fact and then she uses herself as an example, which is like the most anecdotal thing ever.

This thread is based on the original post where Boo said that when he’s out he only sees “hot” women with “hot” guys who have it all or hipsters. Unattractive women are with nerds or ugly men.

I’m trying to combat this a little because it’s not fair (to women and some of the guys who want girlfriends on this board).

Have I misread something in this thread? I quoted you because you didn’t seem to like that I was disagreeing with you all.

I wasn’t trying to cause trouble.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 15 Aug 2018, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 6:17 pm

peacesells often have quite personally aggressive attitude towards people.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 6:29 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
alex wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

This thread is based on the original post where Boo said that when he’s out he only sees “hot” women with “hot” guys or hipsters. Unattractive women are with nerds.

I’m trying to combat this a little because it’s not fair (to women and some of the guys who want girlfriends on this board).

Have I misread something in this thread? I quoted you because you didn’t seem to like that I was disagreeing with you all.

My whole presence in this thread is due to the fact that some people (you too) seemed to suggest that fit people date fit people because they share a passion.

None ever said here that a nerd can't get a hot girlfriend because that can easily be proven wrong, so I am not sure why you are saying this now. Simply put, good looks are one of the easiest ways to get a hot date and that's probably why Boo sees plenty of it. He was asking about hipsters because he wasn't sure what was so attractive about them.
Being able to appreciate people's good looks is not something wrong and to be hidden, and even if for some reason you think it's something bad remember that humans don't have a hive mind and you're entitled to your tastes.
ltcvnzl wrote:

And you have quite personally aggressive attitude towards ethnic festivals.

By the way, "Excuse me what the f**k" is a meme and it's not very aggressive.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 6:37 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
alex wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

This thread is based on the original post where Boo said that when he’s out he only sees “hot” women with “hot” guys or hipsters. Unattractive women are with nerds.

My whole presence in this thread is due to the fact that some people (you too) seemed to suggest that fit people date fit people because they share a passion.

None ever said here that a nerd can't get a hot girlfriend because that can easily be proven wrong, so I am not sure why you are saying this now. Simply put, good looks are one of the easiest ways to get a hot date and that's probably why Boo sees plenty of it. He was asking about hipsters because he wasn't sure what was so attractive about them.
Being able to appreciate people's good looks is not something wrong and to be hidden, and even if for some reason you think it's something bad remember that humans don't have a hive mind and you're entitled to your tastes.

Some fit people do sometimes share a common passion. Some couples enjoy going to the gym together and hiking together.

I suppose good looks can attract a date for some people, but it’s not the case with me or all people.

It wasn’t just the “meme” that was an attack. Your whole post was aggressive, to be honest.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 6:40 pm

Quote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

And you have quite personally aggressive attitude towards ethnic festivals.

By the way, "Excuse me what the f**k" is a meme and it's not very aggressive.

asking isn't aggressive. i don't have anything against ethnic festivals, i was asking a question about a metaphor i wasn't able to understand. you turned my thread into a fight offending another person and then proceed to offend me in another thread. i've noticed this sort behavior from you in many other threads. you're a toxic person to this forum.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 7:08 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Some fit people do sometimes share a common passion. Some couples enjoy going to the gym together and hiking together.

I suppose good looks can attract a date for some people, but it’s not the case with me or all people.

Yes but if you for example take 20 people and 16 of them like fit looks while 4 prefer fat people, I am not gonna tell people that being fat or fit they have the same possibilities. Not sure what to say, it's pretty normal and I don't feel that I am being mean saying it. I even try to use adverbs like "most commonly" and not "always" when I say that good looks attract people, I have no idea why you feel so strongly a need to deny it but I find it very illogical and it's really frustrating.
ltcvnzl wrote:
asking isn't aggressive. i don't have anything against ethnic festivals, i was asking a question about a metaphor i wasn't able to understand. you turned my thread into a fight offending another person and then proceed to offend me in another thread. i've noticed this sort behavior from you in many other threads. you're a toxic person to this forum.

I just tend to dislike when people declare that saying that your ethnic margarine recipe is good makes you a racist, so I couldn't just shut up when he kept saying it. He was calling people racists because they had said their margarine is good. In the other thread you were defending some extremist lesbian group that hates men and tells women to become lesbians, so of course I was mad about that too. Their ideology is ridiculous and extreme and I don't think it's allowed on this forum. If you think that I am aggressively defending wrong opinions in this thread, you should just report me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 12:44 am

Peacesells wrote:
Wow you people seem to have huge problems understanding what other people say, or maybe you use a strawman because you don't like what they say.

They just love to make drama out of nothing; i was just saying what I have personally observed.

And I don’t think anyone can deny that geeks are often more likely to struggle in dating; there are whole dating sites just for them, and portrayed in media as such (struggling in dating) for a reason.

Umm... remember what I told you in pm, this is exactly what is going on here.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 1:07 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
alex wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

This thread is based on the original post where Boo said that when he’s out he only sees “hot” women with “hot” guys who have it all or hipsters. Unattractive women are with nerds or ugly men.

I was just saying what I observered - but it seems you always take things personally ; if you like nerdy guys then fine - no one is saying you don’t.

There’s nothing fair in life, for instance you often see big school boys bully little boys ; that doesn’t mean all big boys are bullies or all little boys are victims - but it’s something that happens a lot.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 1:19 am

alex wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I think threads like this make some of the guys on here think that they don’t have a chance at finding someone.

Only the guys who can't grow beards and don't own any plaid.

Dear Alex, the god of WP, you out of all people is totally aware how much looks and good photos are important for dating; you made plenty of posts saying how you gathered hundreds of matches thanks to taking care of yourself and having professional taken photos.

And guess what? I totally agree with you and the posts you made, and I totally agree with the advice you give to guys when it comes to photos and taking care of self looks - looks are important, without impressing by looks at first nothing can go on further, no chance of knowing the personality.

But guess what too? I am 100% sure if you make a thread saying this observation based on your personal experience on Tinder, Lulululuh/twilightprincess/ltcvnzl and Co. are going to take it personally and take it as if you are hinting that women care for looks (as much as men) only and tell you what you are saying is sexist, and unfair and untrue and that they don't care for looks but only for inside beauty and personality, they would phrase your thread as if you are personally accusing them of shallowness (having some looks based preferences is natural, not shallowness but this how they often take it) ...etc the usual drama.

But you never made such threads hence why you never experienced this kind of unnecessary backlash.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 5:40 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
alex wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I think threads like this make some of the guys on here think that they don’t have a chance at finding someone.

Dear Alex, the god of WP, you out of all people is totally aware how much looks and good photos are important for dating; you made plenty of posts saying how you gathered hundreds of matches thanks to taking care of yourself and having professional taken photos.

And guess what? I totally agree with you and the posts you made, and I totally agree with the advice you give to guys when it comes to photos and taking care of self looks - looks are important, without impressing by looks at first nothing can go on further, no chance of knowing the personality.

But guess what too? I am 100% sure if you make a thread saying this observation based on your personal experience on Tinder, Lulululuh/twilightprincess/ltcvnzl and Co. are going to take it personally and take it as if you are hinting that women care for looks (as much as men) only and tell you what you are saying is sexist, and unfair and untrue and that they don't care for looks but only for inside beauty and personality, they would phrase your thread as if you are personally accusing them of shallowness (having some looks based preferences is natural, not shallowness but this how they often take it) ...etc the usual drama.

But you never made such threads hence why you never experienced this kind of unnecessary backlash.

Oh for god's sake, no one ever said that women DON'T care about a guy's looks. I even said myself that it does help when a guy is physically attractive. It at least gets your foot in the dating door.

But for the most part, the importance of a guy's looks are secondary, where as for men and their interest in a woman, they are primary. Women might look at the hot guy, but she'll ultimately choose the one who has character, the job, social standing, humor, and intelligence. Men are more likely to choose the woman who is pretty and who is nice to him.

And when I say "choose" I mean the one she stays with. I am not referring to just getting the date. I mean the one that you're still with after 5, 10, 15, 20 years, etc. Getting the date is one thing, actually wanting to stick around someone is entirely another thing, especially if they have essentially nothing to offer other than looking good, which gets old real quick once the newness and hormones wear off.

Looks get you the date, but they won't necessarily keep them around. If you look good on the outside and then open your mouth and nothing but hate and dumb and boring comes out, it's unlikely that anyone still stick around for very long. The people you saw and commented on - how long had they been together? You don't know that piece to the puzzle. You're only focused on the superficial level and you're not getting the entire picture.

And if you're convinced that fit guys get the hot girls, and that's all you are really looking for is more short-term relationships to pass the time by all means, no one is stopping you from spending your time at the gym. Go for it. At the very least, it will provide you some health benefits and keep you busy while you search for your next FWB.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:31 am

We were talking about the importance of looks in being attractive, this thread is not a guide on how to successfully obtain a 30 years marriage. None was really talking about it. :?

I thought it'd be obvious that being good looking can not be the only thing you do if you want to obtain a decades long relationship, it's rather just a good way to help you get into a relationship and have a chance with someone. Also, many people are perfectly content with hookups and FWB relationships.

Last edited by Peacesells on 16 Aug 2018, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:34 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
alex wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I think threads like this make some of the guys on here think that they don’t have a chance at ifinding someone.

You appear to be the one that is taking it personally. You stated your (biased) personal experience in the original post, and I stated my (biased) personal experience as a counterpoint.

I really don’t understand what the problem is.

I’m hardly attacking other members. I’m just stating a personal opinion. Is it wrong for someone’s personal opinion to be different from the OP’s?

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:50 am

Peacesells wrote:
We were talking about the importance of looks in being attractive, this thread is not a guide on how to successfully obtain a 30 years marriage. None was really talking about it. :?

I thought it'd be obvious that being good looking can not be the only thing you do if you want to obtain a decades long relationship, it's rather just a good way to help you get into a relationship and have a chance with someone. Also, many people are perfectly content with hookups and FWB relationships.

Actually, the original post stated that what he observed was the hottest guys have the hottest girl friends. That's basically it right there.

But that's only what he observed from a limited sample and only what he observed - he didn't know anything about them, nor did he know anything about the normal looking guys who were sitting alone in the cafe. Perhaps their girlfriends were working, maybe they were ill - he doesn't know because he doesn't know them or know anything about them. In fact, he doesn't know why the most attractive were together. He only has the very limited information based on what he observed over a short period of time with a limited number of subjects.

It's easy to draw a conclusion when you don't have all of the information. That's all I'm saying.

And like I said, if all a guy wants is something short term, no one is stopping them. Go for it.