Types of guys who are usually with the hottest girlfriends.

Page 3 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:50 am

Peacesells wrote:
We were talking about the importance of looks in being attractive, this thread is not a guide on how to successfully obtain a 30 years marriage. None was really talking about it. :?

I thought it'd be obvious that being good looking can not be the only thing you do if you want to obtain a decades long relationship, it's rather just a good way to help you get into a relationship and have a chance with someone. Also, many people are perfectly content with hookups and FWB relationships.

Actually, the original post stated that what he observed was the hottest guys have the hottest girl friends. That's basically it right there.

But that's only what he observed from a limited sample and only what he observed - he didn't know anything about them, nor did he know anything about the normal looking guys who were sitting alone in the cafe. Perhaps their girlfriends were working, maybe they were ill - he doesn't know because he doesn't know them or know anything about them. In fact, he doesn't know why the most attractive were together. He only has the very limited information based on what he observed over a short period of time with a limited number of subjects.

It's easy to draw a conclusion when you don't have all of the information. That's all I'm saying.

And like I said, if all a guy wants is something short term, no one is stopping them. Go for it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:58 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
alex wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I think threads like this make some of the guys on here think that they don’t have a chance at finding someone.

Only the guys who can't grow beards and don't own any plaid.

Dear Alex, the god of WP, you out of all people is totally aware how much looks and good photos are important for dating; you made plenty of posts saying how you gathered hundreds of matches thanks to taking care of yourself and having professional taken photos.

And guess what? I totally agree with you and the posts you made, and I totally agree with the advice you give to guys when it comes to photos and taking care of self looks - looks are important, without impressing by looks at first nothing can go on further, no chance of knowing the personality.

But guess what too? I am 100% sure if you make a thread saying this observation based on your personal experience on Tinder, Lulululuh/twilightprincess/ltcvnzl and Co. are going to take it personally and take it as if you are hinting that women care for looks (as much as men) only and tell you what you are saying is sexist, and unfair and untrue and that they don't care for looks but only for inside beauty and personality, they would phrase your thread as if you are personally accusing them of shallowness (having some looks based preferences is natural, not shallowness but this how they often take it) ...etc the usual drama.

But you never made such threads hence why you never experienced this kind of unnecessary backlash.

But for the most part, the importance of a guy's looks are secondary, where as for men and their interest in a woman, they are primary. Women might look at the hot guy, but she'll ultimately choose the one who has character, the job, social standing, humor, and intelligence. Men are more likely to choose the woman who is pretty and who is nice to him.

Pacesells, look, this is the wrong and sexist narrative that I told you about which these specific members keep repeating it.

They believe so strongly in that "guys go for looks" and "women go for personality" hence why any thread or tinder experiment that hints or even proves that looks is very important to women as a PRIMARY thing, as much as men (because if they find you ugly , no chance to know the personality) they go berserk. They so want to be seen as ideal angelic snowflake creatures who only see the inner beauty, and saying otherwise is taken as a insult. They don't want to be seen equal to men when it comes to looks preference.

This is happening in almost countless of threads.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 7:10 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
alex wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I think threads like this make some of the guys on here think that they don’t have a chance at ifinding someone.

Dear Alex, the god of WP, you out of all people is totally aware how much looks and good photos are important for dating; you made plenty of posts saying how you gathered hundreds of matches thanks to taking care of yourself and having professional taken photos.

And guess what? I totally agree with you and the posts you made, and I totally agree with the advice you give to guys when it comes to photos and taking care of self looks - looks are important, without impressing by looks at first nothing can go on further, no chance of knowing the personality.

But guess what too? I am 100% sure if you make a thread saying this observation based on your personal experience on Tinder, Lulululuh/twilightprincess/ltcvnzl and Co. are going to take it personally and take it as if you are hinting that women care for looks (as much as men) only and tell you what you are saying is sexist, and unfair and untrue and that they don't care for looks but only for inside beauty and personality, they would phrase your thread as if you are personally accusing them of shallowness (having some looks based preferences is natural, not shallowness but this how they often take it) ...etc the usual drama.

But you never made such threads hence why you never experienced this kind of unnecessary backlash.

You appear to be the one that is taking it personally. You stated your (biased) personal experience in the original post, and I stated my (biased) personal experience as a counterpoint.

I really don’t understand what the problem is.

I’m hardly attacking other members. I’m just stating a personal opinion. Is it wrong for someone’s personal opinion to be different from the OP’s?

It's YOU who takes things personally, I was just saying what I observed , the women and men that I have observed, not the men and women on WP , but you took it personally as I am saying that you don't like nerdy guys and you started to cry how unfair my post is. Calling my post as not Fair is not simply a different opinion.

You are among the same clique who flips every time when you see the slightest example of women caring for guys' looks, and you try so hard to prove that you care for the inside beauty only. Fine, we all believe you, no one is saying that you don't care for the inside beauty at most.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 7:17 am

Peacesells wrote:
We were talking about the importance of looks in being attractive, this thread is not a guide on how to successfully obtain a 30 years marriage. None was really talking about it. :?

I thought it'd be obvious that being good looking can not be the only thing you do if you want to obtain a decades long relationship, it's rather just a good way to help you get into a relationship and have a chance with someone. Also, many people are perfectly content with hookups and FWB relationships.

Thank you Peacesells, some sound reasoning, sometimes i am shocked on how some other members interpret things totally out of context.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 7:27 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
alex wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I think threads like this make some of the guys on here think that they don’t have a chance at ifinding someone.

You appear to be the one that is taking it personally. You stated your (biased) personal experience in the original post, and I stated my (biased) personal experience as a counterpoint.

I really don’t understand what the problem is.

I’m hardly attacking other members. I’m just stating a personal opinion. Is it wrong for someone’s personal opinion to be different from the OP’s?

It's YOU who takes things personally, I was just saying what I observed , the women and men that I have observed, not the men and women on WP , but you took it personally as I am saying that you don't like nerdy guys and you started to cry how unfair my post is. Calling my post as not Fair is not simply a different opinion.

You are among the same clique who flips every time when you see the slightest example of women caring for guys' looks, and you try so hard to prove that you care for the inside beauty only. Fine, we all believe you, no one is saying that you don't care for the inside beauty at most.

You can take my posts however you’d like to. That’s your choice.

I think that in only presenting one side of the coin your post was unfair to some of the guys on this board who don’t think they can get girlfriends. I used myself as an example to show that nerdy guys have a shot, too.

If you all knew some of the oddballs that I know who are still in happy relationships, maybe these threads would be less popular.

There’s nothing wrong with being physically attracted to someone, but I know from my own experiences that that’s not nearly the most important thing.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 7:38 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
Actually, the original post stated that what he observed was the hottest guys have the hottest girl friends. That's basically it right there.

Usually, unless people make me really angry, I am very careful about my word choice. You can see that I wrote "We were talking about the importance of looks in being attractive" and not "The original post is about the importance of looks in being attractive." By the way that wasn't even the main focus of the original post, he was mostly asking about the hipsters.
Quote:
But that's only what he observed from a limited sample and only what he observed - he didn't know anything about them, nor did he know anything about the normal looking guys who were sitting alone in the cafe. Perhaps their girlfriends were working, maybe they were ill - he doesn't know because he doesn't know them or know anything about them. In fact, he doesn't know why the most attractive were together. He only has the very limited information based on what he observed over a short period of time with a limited number of subjects.

It's easy to draw a conclusion when you don't have all of the information. That's all I'm saying.

And like I said, if all a guy wants is something short term, no one is stopping them. Go for it.

Well duh, if you really want so badly to believe that good looks don't make a guy attractive and won't help him get dates with good looking girls, you are free to believe it. The fact that you want to believe something that is not true doesn't really affect me in any way nor is keeping me to have a grip on reality that will help me to understand it and do well (and I will). Nor do I care any longer if you or someone else misleads chronically single people on this forum, because in any case they discard any kind of advice I give them. So ok, keep believing that looks are not very attractive to girls, as for me I will spend my time on better places than this forum because the illogicity and extreme political correctness here gives me meltdowns. Adios.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:41 pm

Women are just as shallow as men.

That is all.....

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 2:26 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Women are just as shallow as men.

That is all.....

There are plenty who are incapable to accept that tho and stubborn as mule about it; as if their brains would explode when facing that reality.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 3:12 pm

Hot women usually have a list of deal breakers. If you are on that list nothing else matters.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 3:40 pm

Peacesells wrote:

I don't think many NDs prefer hookups or FWBs over long-lasting relationships, but I might be wrong.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 3:47 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I think threads like this make some of the guys on here think that they don’t have a chance at finding someone. Not every woman is looking for some “hot” guy.

Yeah, this thread is like so many I've read on WP, over and over. It's a cold, dead fish of reality slap in the face to so many who are struggling.

"Sorry! If you don't have a great job, a wonderful psychique, there's no way you're going to find a partner!"

There are many variables involved in successful relationships, from physical attraction, spiritual attraction, and intellectual attraction. The one common denominator of all those variables is confidence and independence. If you aren't happy with who you are -- and able to exist by yourself -- it isn't likely you will ever find a quality person to share your life with you.

Agreed.

Besides, just as people already commented, this thread is only about getting some interest and possibly a date. Might be fine for one-night-stands, but for something more serious, looks are not so important. Not for girls, and not for guys either.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 12:17 pm

there is now one possibly very hot ronaldo playing for juventus for the first time against chievo!!

dunno about his gfs, i suppose they're very hot too

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2018, 1:49 pm

I have to admit I have a thing for hipsters lol... But we don't get along very well. They're usually very social, popular and likes to party and go to festivals with their hipster-friends. I'm the opposite of literally all of those things but I got to admit I think the style is attractive, that's about as far as it goes though. I dated a popular guy once who was sort of hipster and he was an a-hole and i've been hit on by hipsters until they notice my odd personality.

I think they get a lot of girls because they're so open and form new relations of all kinds easily, plus they're very trendy. Trendy girls loves to date trendy men and it's all very shallow I think. They can easily get chicks and they love that... Girls who date those men often get cheated on.

I probably would never date a hipster if I got the chance. Looks are of some importance, yes, but in the end it's secondary to personality. Aand I could never stand being with a man who'd constantly complain about me not wanting to socialize with his 5 billion friends.