Trump revokes John Brennan's security clearance

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 2:17 pm

Trump revokes security clearance of former CIA director John Brennan, White House press secretary says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol ... tary-says/

Quote:
It’s astounding how often you fail to live up to minimum standards of decency, civility, & probity. Seems like you will never understand what it means to be president, nor what it takes to be a good, decent, & honest person. So disheartening, so dangerous for our Nation.

-Former CIA director John Brennan describing Trump, 14 August 2018

Quote:
Trump revokes security clearance of former CIA director John Brennan, White House press secretary says

-White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee, 15 August 2018

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 2:30 pm

We already knew that Trump is an incredibly petty person.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 8:52 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol ... tary-says/

Quote:
It’s astounding how often you fail to live up to minimum standards of decency, civility, & probity. Seems like you will never understand what it means to be president, nor what it takes to be a good, decent, & honest person. So disheartening, so dangerous for our Nation.

-Former CIA director John Brennan describing Trump, 14 August 2018

Quote:

-White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee, 15 August 2018

He knows very well what means to be president but he gets a thrill out of destroying it, he is the troller in chief

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 10:13 pm

He's running the government like a business - a corrupt Mafia bust-out joint business. Mr. Brennan's lucky he isn't sleeping with the fishes.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:15 am

John Brennan: President Trump’s Claims of No Collusion Are Hogwash That’s why the president revoked my security clearance: to try to silence anyone who would dare challenge him.

Quote:
The only questions that remain are whether the collusion that took place constituted criminally liable conspiracy, whether obstruction of justice occurred to cover up any collusion or conspiracy, and how many members of “Trump Incorporated” attempted to defraud the government by laundering and concealing the movement of money into their pockets. A jury is about to deliberate bank and tax fraud charges against one of those people, Paul Manafort, Mr. Trump’s former campaign chairman. And the campaign’s former deputy chairman, Rick Gates, has pleaded guilty to financial fraud and lying to investigators.

Mr. Trump clearly has become more desperate to protect himself and those close to him, which is why he made the politically motivated decision to revoke my security clearance in an attempt to scare into silence others who might dare to challenge him. Now more than ever, it is critically important that the special counsel, Robert Mueller, and his team of investigators be allowed to complete their work without interference — from Mr. Trump or anyone else — so that all Americans can get the answers they so rightly deserve.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 8:25 pm

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 9:25 pm

what a tyrant.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:52 am

Jennifer Rubin at the WP is now calling for the GOP to censure Trump over this. Oh dear. Like Admiral McRaven, she has the very best of intentions but doesn't realize how widely the rot has spread.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2018, 10:00 am

Mike Flynn's clearance should surely be safe

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 10:01 am

Link to Article: Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President!

Adm. William H. McRaven, USN (Ret.) wrote:
Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency...
You and me both, sir! :salut:

I guess that the Demander-In-Chief simply can't handle the Truth, especially when it is about him.

(Note: William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 8:00 pm

i'm convinced that in what passes for his heart, he wishes not to be like Putin, but more like Stalin.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 4:32 am

He is both warning Muller this can happen to him and seeing what he can get away with. Anybody without security clearence will not be able to investigate Trump in any meaningful way.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 9:22 pm

can our constitution deal with his type of tyranny?