Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:15 pm

Aretha Franklin, " The Queen Of Soul ', has died at 76 of pancreatic cancer. She was an icon, certainly, to much of the "Baby Boomer " generation.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:18 pm

Duplicate Topic

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:41 pm

Thanks for the memories, sweet lady.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:50 pm

...Re Fnord's statement - I did not see any Aretha threads at the top of this board before starting this. Perhaps there are some further down, or at News.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:51 pm

It's OK. We all miss her.

(((ASS-P)))

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 7:15 pm

pancreatic cancer sucks as much as its brethren. now heaven's helluva band got another new member.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 8:15 pm

Like Elvis, many others tried to imitate her, though none succeeded. Also like Elvis, she didn't try to imitate anyone else, preferring to go her own way and be true to her self and her own unique musical gift. The same could be said I think of Bob Dylan, who is still with us, though the clock must be ticking for him too. They were true originals.

A lot of current popular musical performers now seem very much lesser beings, imitators infected by the grandiose celebrity crap and so many sound as if they were hatched from the same batch of eggs. Oddly enough in interviews the worst of them sing praises to their originality...

RIP Aretha, thanks for the music. It was great, and you were a true artist of music.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 11:48 am

Before this thread gets locked because it's a duplicate, I'd like to guess what the lineup will be for the November 2018 "Tribute to Aretha Franklin at Madison Square Garden" concert in NY would be:
Stevie Wonder
Smokey Robinson
Beyonce
Lady Gaga
The Blues Brothers
George Michael
Lionel Ritchie
The Temptations
Earth Wind & Fire
Keith Richard & Ron Wood
Herbie Hancock
Hezekiah Walker
Kirk Franklin
Mary Mary
The Mississippi Mass Choir
R. Kelly
Narada Michael Walden
Elton John
Mariah Carey
Mary J. Blige
Bonnie Raitt
Dionne Warwick
and this is a reach, but Paul McCartney since he loves these tribute kind of things.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 12:55 pm

...Were you not aware that George Michael died a coupla years back?
As for R. Kelly..." Can I take you home, little girl? ":-#!

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 12:14 am

Yeah R Kelly shouldn't be a part of any benefit concert. He needs to be in prison right now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 12:40 am

that guy is just lucky he didn't step on the wrong toes yet.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 2:27 am

redrobin62 wrote:
Before this thread gets locked because it's a duplicate, I'd like to guess what the lineup will be for the November 2018 "Tribute to Aretha Franklin at Madison Square Garden" concert in NY would be:
Stevie Wonder
Smokey Robinson
Beyonce
Lady Gaga
The Blues Brothers
George Michael
Lionel Ritchie
The Temptations
Earth Wind & Fire
Keith Richard & Ron Wood
Herbie Hancock
Hezekiah Walker
Kirk Franklin
Mary Mary
R. Kelly
Narada Michael Walden
Elton John
Mariah Carey
Mary J. Blige
Bonnie Raitt
Dionne Warwick
and this is a reach, but Paul McCartney since he loves these tribute kind of things.

Annie Lennox
Sade
Adele

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 5:09 am

.... Ree-Ree's version of " Eleanor Rigby " was just playing on my Pandora (Until, bleep bleep:-(, it stopped and I gotta keep writing this letter & not re1-start it!! !! !! !! ! :(), preceded by her " Let It Be "...so there's Macca right there! :)

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2018, 11:16 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
Stevie Wonder
Smokey Robinson
Beyonce
Lady Gaga
The Blues Brothers
George Michael
Lionel Ritchie
The Temptations
Earth Wind & Fire
Keith Richard & Ron Wood
Herbie Hancock
Hezekiah Walker
Kirk Franklin
Mary Mary
R. Kelly
Narada Michael Walden
Elton John
Mariah Carey
Mary J. Blige
Bonnie Raitt
Dionne Warwick

Annie Lennox
Sade
Adele

Adele ruins any cover she sings.