Trump's military parade ... company - HALT!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 5:35 am

Donald Trump military parade put on hold amid reports of soaring costs

Quote:
The Veterans Day military parade ordered by Donald Trump will not take place this year, the Defence Department has said.

Trump looking away from an Army air assault exercise on Monday at Fort Drum in New York.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 10:11 am

Aww, What a shame the Dictator wannabe can't have something often seen in countries where a tyrant rules uncontested.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 12:36 pm

Actually, it was the Demander-In-Chief himself who decided to cancel his vanity parade.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2018, 2:27 pm

Darn. I love military parades. The veterans day parade in my city is huge, but it would have been awesome to have one on a national level. I assume the price might be due to the mobilization of the units from all over the country having to travel to DC or something like that.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 4:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
Actually, it was the Demander-In-Chief himself who decided to cancel his vanity parade.

Sure was. It’s not like the orange ogre ever gets backed into a corner and then, to save face, says “it was my idea!”

People can believe that, but personally I’m not buying it - it’s out of character.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 4:39 pm

*Begin Sarcasm* Somebody call the WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH-bulance on Trump! *End Sarcasm*

In all seriousness, if Trump wanted the parade to really honor the veterans of America, then yes, understandable. However, Trump is not a dictator and IMO, he's treating the Presidency like it's just another business deal for him.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 7:00 pm

GOOD!! !