Trump rages at social media, CNN & MSNBC

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 10:21 am

So to you a company can refuse to bake a cake that says Trump?

Many Trump supporters would throw a temper tantrum if that ever happened.

How would you react?

(Also, yes, the refusal to bake the cake for the gay couple is bigotry - the bakery’s reasoning was homophobia).

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 12:10 pm

Lol yes of course. I don't care if they'd throw a tantrum.

I wouldn't care.

It was because of their religious beliefs wasn't it?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 12:57 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
It was because of their religious beliefs wasn't it?

Those beliefs - that same-sex attraction isn't natural and that same-sex marriage shouldn't be allowed - IS homophobic.

Some fundamentalist Christians go further and have the "religious belief" that black people are inherently evil because they take the 'Curse of Ham' literally - this example is racism no matter what the bigots wish to hide it behind.

So yeah, they get no pass - at all. These are "religious beliefs" - but they are also homophobic and racist.

It should also be noted that these people aren't regular, everyday Christians - they're the fringe. These are just the "Christians" that give the rest of us a bad name and reputation.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 12:13 pm

You're entitled to your opinions. But just telling people they have a mental illness because they don't believe in gay marriage will not end well.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 12:43 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
You're entitled to your opinions. But just telling people they have a mental illness because they don't believe in gay marriage will not end well.

Improve your reading comprehension because I never said they have a mental illness.

I said they are homophobic and they are. Homophobia isn't defined as a mental illness.

The definition of homophobia:

Homophobia: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homophobia

Aversion: a feeling of repugnance toward something with a desire to avoid or turn from it.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aversion

Which aptly applies to these low-lifes. I know, I know - don't "judge" them - well, they judge me, so they can f- all.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 1:52 pm

Ok yep. Well implying they just have a phobia rather than taking on their argument.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 2:02 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Ok yep. Well implying they just have a phobia rather than taking on their argument.

Their argument is that they and others can reject serving people due to their sexuality.

That me wanting to marry a dude is like a person wanting to marry their cat.

F- them and those with their "beliefs," I won't discuss this any further because there is nothing at all to legitimately discuss.

Apologists aren't as bad as they are, but I'd never consider them to be even remotely an ally to those born different as well since they're closer to the former.

Yeah, yeah woe is me for looking down on those who look down on me and those like me. As said, F- THEM, I couldn't give an f-.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 6:54 pm

Could some member/s who are au fait with men's tailoring please answer a question for me (seriously). See photos - question is --- recently, it seems that there has been "super-padding" added to hulk up Trump's shoulders. Has he adopted a new somewhat bizarre fashion (?) or was he always like that? Every time I see him front on lately I think of the Incredible Hulk automatically. It just looks different and odd to me. Particularly the second photo down.

A friend and I are genuinely curious, (the article generally relates to the thread topic as well).

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/a ... d=12117298

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 7:14 pm

B19 wrote:
Could some member/s who are au fait with men's tailoring please answer a question for me (seriously). See photos - question is --- recently, it seems that there has been "super-padding" added to hulk up Trump's shoulders. Has he adopted a new somewhat bizarre fashion (?) or was he always like that? Every time I see him front on lately I think of the Incredible Hulk automatically. It just looks different and odd to me. Particularly the second photo down.

A friend and I are genuinely curious, (the article generally relates to the thread topic as well).

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/a ... d=12117298

I'm no expert on men's tailoring, but two possible explanations occur to me immediately:

1. Trump could be wearing shoulder pads to distract attention from his protruding belly.

2. Trump could be wearing body armor to protect himself from some of his more enthusiastic 2nd Amendment "right to bear arms" followers.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 7:22 pm

I know that shoulder pads are a normal part of a suit jacket, of course, and these "falsies" have been used for decades to improve the line and project a more "manly" silhouette than the natural size and line of the shoulder.

Trump wears terrible suits and looks terrible in them. I wonder if - like his hair - he makes his own "improvements" to them, thinking this improves his image.

If a man ever needed a competent stylist, Trump seems to be that man, however would he take any notice of someone with more expertise when he seems to see himself as instant expert on whatever?

I'm sure Gentleman's Quarterly or something could help out.. and save the world from more graphic exposures to fashion disasters that almost make me bring up my breakfast. It is said in the fashion/style world that no amount of money can buy style and taste.. Trump to me proves that axiom thoroughly..

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 7:25 pm

I would laugh if it was #2. He needs protection from his own “fine” people.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 7:34 pm

B19 wrote:
I know that shoulder pads are a normal part of a suit jacket, of course, and these "falsies" have been used for decades to improve the line and project a more "manly" silhouette than the natural size and line of the shoulder.

Trump wears terrible suits and looks terrible in them. I wonder if - like his hair - he makes his own "improvements" to them, thinking this improves his image.

If a man ever needed a competent stylist, Trump seems to be that man, however would he take any notice of someone with more expertise when he seems to see himself as instant expert on whatever?

I'm sure Gentleman's Quarterly or something could help out.. and save the world from more graphic exposures to fashion disasters that almost make me bring up my breakfast. It is said in the fashion/style world that no amount of money can buy style and taste.. Trump to me proves that axiom thoroughly..

What Trump would look like dressed in his sartorial splendor: