What's the political climate like in the UK right now?

Page 22 of 28 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 28  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:31 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Firstly he has committed no crime. He seems to be on the spectrum to be honest. But it doesn't matter, he's an innocent man and a journalist who is being kicked away for exposing mass murder, torture and corruption.
It 100% breaks International Law as the ICC ruled in Assange's favour that he had the right to safe passage. Don't support fascism.
He's not a criminal!! ! ! ! Where's the punishment for those responsible for ordering the mass murder of Iraqi civilians including two Reuters journalists? The punishment for every journalist who pushed the lies about Iraq that led to a million deaths?

The rape case is a bogus pile of tripe. His enemies have killed hundreds of thousands of women.

People can be great in one area of their life and complete shits in another. He should be extradited to Sweden to

face the rape allegations. It's for Sweden to then decide whether to extradite him after his trial to the US, but I

think he has a good case for fighting it.

The media is lying. He didn't run away from Sweden fleeing justice. The first prosecutor interviewed Assange in Sweden and there was nothing for a case. Then there was a second prosecutor, politically motivated when Assange had left the country. He agreed for someone to interview him in the Embassy but that was rejected. He said he would go back to Sweden if they could guarantee no extradition to the US, but that was also rejected. It's all about the fascist US trying to lock him up, shut him up and make an example of anyone exposing their mass crimes.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:34 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's funny that May's rat Robins was heard drunk in a bar in Europe boasting that we wouldn't leave on the 29th and she'd just try to blackmail her deal through.

sounds like someone is just falling for pretty basic 'msm' tricks there

Oh the IRONY :lol:

Says the person who just admitted they fell right into the trap of the MSM 'Robins drunk in a bar story' :lol:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 10:35 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
The country is finished. It is a Soviet like hell hole.

stop being so hysterical about things

Blame your own ignorance if you don't understand

so it's once again back to how everyone MUST agree with you otherwise they are wrong?

SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Apr 2019, 10:58 am

Getting too heated guys. Dial it back , ditch the insults and have a debate.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 12:31 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
It's funny that May's rat Robins was heard drunk in a bar in Europe boasting that we wouldn't leave on the 29th and she'd just try to blackmail her deal through.

Says the person who just admitted they fell right into the trap of the MSM 'Robins drunk in a bar story' :lol:

And it turned out what he was drunkingly boasting about came true. Purely a coincidence of course... Hasn't been denied either as far as I know. I'm not denying that it could have been a stunt to try and get the surrender treaty over the line. But exactly what he's claimed to have said came true. Not sure why you're making such a deal over it.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 12:35 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

so it's once again back to how everyone MUST agree with you otherwise they are wrong?

Nope. But what's happening to free speech, expression and journalism is something to get mad about. What's happened to Assange is something to be mad about. I'm not asking you to care about it.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 1:42 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

And it turned out what he was drunkingly boasting about came true. Purely a coincidence of course... Hasn't been denied either as far as I know. I'm not denying that it could have been a stunt to try and get the surrender treaty over the line. But exactly what he's claimed to have said came true. Not sure why you're making such a deal over it.

It was already well on it's way to happening when the obvious MSM bait was laid to catch people out.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 1:44 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Nope. But what's happening to free speech, expression and journalism is something to get mad about. What's happened to Assange is something to be mad about. I'm not asking you to care about it.

Take the Assange derails to the Assange thread.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Apr 2019, 4:05 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Firstly he has committed no crime.

I mean, even if you don't think he committed rape, hard to argue that he hasn't failed to appear in court.
Quote:
He seems to be on the spectrum to be honest.

Not really relevant though?
Quote:
he's... a journalist

This will be relevant later.
Quote:
who is being kicked away for exposing mass murder, torture and corruption.

I mean, no. As I understand it there have basically been three investigations into Assange:

1) In the UK he is wanted to obstruction of justice and other technical crimes.
2) In Sweden he was wanted for three sexual crimes which were all the same act. Two of the charges have expired.
3) The US has recently filed charges against Assange for publishing secret documents, and in doing so endangering the lives of many innocent people.

Now you might think that proving some wrongdoing means that endangering lives in the process is OK. Fine. That's a reasonable judgement call. It may even make you admire someone so much that you don't care that they did some bad things. Again... fine. But does that change the fact that they did some bad things? People are often nuanced. Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey are two of my favourite actors but they're also perverts who have ruined many careers. Donald Trump is an idiot who endangers the world and is actively making America a worse place, but he also stood up to Assad's chemical attacks much better than the otherwise-great Obama ever did. Winona Ryder once stole $5,500 worth of goods from a shop when under the influence of drugs, but also gives large amounts of money to Native American charities.

Sometimes good people do bad things, and when they do they should face justice and eventually be forgiven if they repent. Sometimes bad people do good things, and when they do, they should receive measured praise but it shouldn't cancel out their bad deeds unless, again, they repent. Judges can't say "well, you did a really bad thing, but I like you so let's call it even" - that's a much too simplistic way of looking at things.
Quote:
It 100% breaks International Law as the ICC ruled in Assange's favour that he had the right to safe passage.

I couldn't find any information supporting this claim. I found a few articles from 2012 in which Assange's lawyer said he would make that case to the ICJ, but the commentary seemed to view that as a spurious argument as Assange's life has never been under threat. Regardless, the right to safe passage is not the right to smear your s**t on your host's walls.
Quote:
Don't support fascism.

What exactly are you claiming is fascism?
Quote:
Where's the punishment for those responsible for ordering the mass murder of Iraqi civilians including two Reuters journalists?

I would support that, but it's irrelevant to whether Assange committed any crimes.
Quote:
The punishment for every journalist who pushed the lies about Iraq that led to a million deaths?

That seems like an unrealistically high estimate but eh. More to the point, do you want journalists to be punished for doing their jobs now?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 10:32 am

See my previous post for why he didn't appear in court. He had already been questioned by the first prosecutor in Sweden. The fact that Sweden refused to rule out extradition to the US shows it had nothing to do with the bogus rape claims. The sex was consensual but he didn't wear protection and the woman got angry because he refused to get tested. I'm not defending his actions there, but he's already had enough punishment for that.

All a crock. It's about silencing those who expose the US's crimes. The 'security' BS is always used by the US, and they didn't care about the Iraqi lives and Reuters journalists they murdered and tried to cover up. Blame those who carried out the crime not those exposing it.

Assange has done nothing wrong, he published information. Again, the gas attacks were done by Al Qaeda. And the one last year didn't happen.

I doubt those tales are even true, but he should never have been locked in the Embassy to begin with, he should be allowed home to Australia.

It's not a journalist's job to act like parrots for war propagandists, maybe in Nazi Germany it was. It is the job of a journalists to ask the tough questions and hold power to account.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 10:56 am

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 11:25 am

There is already a thread on Assange Here.

Would you please stop derailing threads with unrelated topics?

Thank you.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 11:32 am

Ok noted.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 11:33 am

Please respond to me in that thread then if people want to discuss it. Thanks. And apologies.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 5:21 am

1922 Committee meeting today to decide if they want to change their party rules to allow them to re-run the vote of no confidence as they believe they may have changed their minds