Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 11:05 pm

Technology came along way since the old days. I’m in the nursing home & I have my iPhone & iPad, I need my Wi-Fi or I will go VERY VERY CRAZY!!

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2018, 11:40 pm

It sure has. I remember talking to an older gentleman who has constantly kept up with the changes in technology, brilliant man, just wish I could have sat down and talked to him longer. He has been involved with computing technology since the 1960s, and to this day is taking college courses every semester to help stay up to date and just wow, it's amazing. He's been behind the scenes of it all and saw change from the inside and the evolution of the core functions -- just amazing.

Did you also work in technology perchance and take part in the evolution of it? If so, that's amazing. :mrgreen:

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 9:58 pm

I'm glad to be living in this era of ever growing technology.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Aug 2018, 12:42 am

I don't think you're the only one that would go mad without wifi. :lol:

I'm hoping to contribute to technology in the future, through cyber security, artificial intelligence, games development, forensics, or all of the above.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 12:52 am

My overtaxed WiFi router is about to explode; just ordered a new one - I can live on pasta for a week. :ninja:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: