Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Aug 2018, 3:24 am

Anything Fox News is only ever regarded as a joke according to pretty much everybody I know. Then again, I come from a pretty liberal family so I suppose their opinions don't matter.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 6:47 am

Fox News is enough of a mixed bag that it's really best to take them in with other sources. The reason it might be worth watching is that they will report, accurately, on some stories that no one else will touch for various narrative reasons but I also hear often that they botch more standard items that the rest of the media has covered correctly.

Things are pretty polarized right now, I'd say if you want to post anything about Carlson or anyone else like that it's probably better to talk about specific news items, the specifics of what they said, and how they uniquely made sense of it. Past that you'll likely end up with a pile-on like this.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 7:06 am

No one on Faux news would care if Israel paved over Palestine and made it a giant parking lot.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 7:16 am

The_Walrus wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Tucker Carlson is no idiot. When the whole media was in hysteria about the 'gas attack' in Syria this year (that didn't happen),

It did happen. There's lots of very strong evidence which has been confirmed by independent bodies as well as foreign governments with no vested interest.

I don't understand why people who claim to be anti-war are so quick to defend Assad.

There's zero evidence. The OPCW found chlorine in the area. That can come from tap water. The alleged 'victims' of the 'gas attack' were at the Hague telling the truth. One American News network was in the area interviewing people who said it was staged by the White Helmets. Respected and award winning journalist Robert Fisk did the same thing and a doctor from the medical centre said they patients were treated for breathing problems after shelling, which creates smoke and dust. Then a White Helmet came in screaming "gas attack" while being recorded and they started throwing water over people.
The jihadist White Helmets are a propaganda construct as explained by award winning journalist John Pilger.

The war mongering psychopath John Bolton has already warned about a gas attack in Idlib so there will be another staged one or one carried out by the Jihadists there and we'll hear the same hysteria by the same usual suspects. The media lie all the time when it comes to war. It is time more people wake up and learn.

Assad did not start the war it was a pre planned proxy war by foreign forces. I support him winning the war and hope the Syria can get back to where it was and stronger.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 7:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tucker Carlson is living tripe personified.

Yeah anti war. How terrible of him.

No, it's terrible of him that he's an Islamophobe, chummy with white nationalists, openly nativist, etc, etc, etc.

Where's the evidence that he is an 'islamophobe'? Better than both main parties who are hell bent on killing millions of Muslims. Which white nationalists? Nothing wrong with being a nationalist.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 7:20 am

Misslizard wrote:
No one on Faux news would care if Israel paved over Palestine and made it a giant parking lot.

I know. I hate all mainstream media stations.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 9:22 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Tucker Carlson is no idiot. When the whole media was in hysteria about the 'gas attack' in Syria this year (that didn't happen), he was pretty much the only one in the US mainstream that was asking questions. He probably did the panda thing to show what a joke the whole Russiagate thing is.

He might be the biggest idiot on TV after Hannity, and now he's covering for Putin's war crimes and election interference. Their audience is the 30% of Americans dumb enough to believe them (or too old to change the channel).

And so did Trump bomb a country for no reason?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 12:29 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Tucker Carlson is no idiot. When the whole media was in hysteria about the 'gas attack' in Syria this year (that didn't happen), he was pretty much the only one in the US mainstream that was asking questions. He probably did the panda thing to show what a joke the whole Russiagate thing is.

He might be the biggest idiot on TV after Hannity, and now he's covering for Putin's war crimes and election interference. Their audience is the 30% of Americans dumb enough to believe them (or too old to change the channel).

You mean you disagree with him the most. Hannity, any host on CNN etc all the 3 letter networks are morons. Tucker is smart and independent. He speaks to people on the left and can have a mature conversation. He then can destroy silly liberals for breakfast.

What war crimes? What interference? Sorry that sounds very prejudiced against old people.... But that's acceptable of course.

Suddenly Trump is your moral guide? He has the war mongering neocons and the war mongering liberals against him. He knows bombing Syria gets them off his back for a bit. Even the psychotic CNN called him "Presidential" after he bombed Syria last year.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 12:49 pm

Tucker is what stupid people think a smart person sounds like.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 1:32 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tucker Carlson is living tripe personified.

Yeah anti war. How terrible of him.

No, it's terrible of him that he's an Islamophobe, chummy with white nationalists, openly nativist, etc, etc, etc.

Where's the evidence that he is an 'islamophobe'? Better than both main parties who are hell bent on king millions of Muslims. Which white nationalists? Nothing wrong with being a nationalist.

He's an Islamophobe when it comes to Muslims in America. He's had guests on his show who he's commiserated with concerning all the (non white) immigrants coming to America. And yes, there is something wrong with being a nationalist if you denigrate others who don't fit in with your ideal of what should comprise the nation.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 7:11 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Tucker Carlson is no idiot.

I can't take anyone seriously who says this unironically, man.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 8:39 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Well, I mean, Homer Simpson would clearly be a big fan. :D

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 9:44 pm

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Well, I mean, Homer Simpson would clearly be a big fan. :D

:lol: You just reminded me of the existence of this meme, which feels appropriate to add here as it is what Homer would likely say to someone like Tucker Carlson:

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 9:36 am

And now we can see Tucker is plainly a racist, echoing false white supremacist memes which then get parroted by the racist idiot criminal president.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 10:44 am

Not to break topic but I'd like to propose a quick thought experiment for a few people in this thread.

If you saw someone in a brown uniform beating someone with a truncheon who looked Semitic, or skinheads grouped around an African or Asian immigrant and just about stomping them into the mud, would you be inclined to say 'now there's someone whose politics I disagree with?'.

If that description doesn't sound like it's quite up to the task of describing such aggressors you may want to avoid using the words you'd use to describe such people or events and 'people I disagree with' interchangeably.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2018, 8:20 am

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I heard somewhere that the demographic is usually people over the age of 50, probably those hanging onto old times when the world was strictly more conservative. How true this is, I'm not sure.