Page 3 of 5 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 457
Location: England

25 Aug 2018, 8:20 am

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Tucker Carlson is no idiot. When the whole media was in hysteria about the 'gas attack' in Syria this year (that didn't happen), he was pretty much the only one in the US mainstream that was asking questions. He probably did the panda thing to show what a joke the whole Russiagate thing is.

He might be the biggest idiot on TV after Hannity, and now he's covering for Putin's war crimes and election interference. Their audience is the 30% of Americans dumb enough to believe them (or too old to change the channel).

And so did Trump bomb a country for no reason?
I heard somewhere that the demographic is usually people over the age of 50, probably those hanging onto old times when the world was strictly more conservative. How true this is, I'm not sure.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,187
Location: Palestine

27 Aug 2018, 10:12 am

AspE wrote:
Tucker is what stupid people think a smart person sounds like.


Interesting when you are preaching against racism and white supremacy while having a picture of a racist and white supremacist as your avatar.

It was Aristotle who said something along the lines that an intelligent man can entertain a view he disagrees with without adopting it.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,187
Location: Palestine

27 Aug 2018, 10:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tucker Carlson is living tripe personified.


Yeah anti war. How terrible of him.


No, it's terrible of him that he's an Islamophobe, chummy with white nationalists, openly nativist, etc, etc, etc.


Where's the evidence that he is an 'islamophobe'? Better than both main parties who are hell bent on king millions of Muslims. Which white nationalists? Nothing wrong with being a nationalist.


He's an Islamophobe when it comes to Muslims in America. He's had guests on his show who he's commiserated with concerning all the (non white) immigrants coming to America. And yes, there is something wrong with being a nationalist if you denigrate others who don't fit in with your ideal of what should comprise the nation.


Right, so no evidence as usual.
Like there is something wrong with being on the left if you support Lenin or Mao. That's the kind of level of your point.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 38,815
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

27 Aug 2018, 2:11 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tucker Carlson is living tripe personified.


Yeah anti war. How terrible of him.


No, it's terrible of him that he's an Islamophobe, chummy with white nationalists, openly nativist, etc, etc, etc.


Where's the evidence that he is an 'islamophobe'? Better than both main parties who are hell bent on king millions of Muslims. Which white nationalists? Nothing wrong with being a nationalist.


He's an Islamophobe when it comes to Muslims in America. He's had guests on his show who he's commiserated with concerning all the (non white) immigrants coming to America. And yes, there is something wrong with being a nationalist if you denigrate others who don't fit in with your ideal of what should comprise the nation.


Right, so no evidence as usual.
Like there is something wrong with being on the left if you support Lenin or Mao. That's the kind of level of your point.


I know everything I stated is true, and so it is.
Do you honestly think he's going to support Islamic and brown skinned immigration?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

27 Aug 2018, 5:05 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

Interesting when you are preaching against racism and white supremacy while having a picture of a racist and white supremacist as your avatar.

It was Aristotle who said something along the lines that an intelligent man can entertain a view he disagrees with without adopting it.

Most everyone was a racist back then. But most of us evolved. Except the GOP.



Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,041
Location: NY

27 Aug 2018, 5:52 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Interesting when you are preaching against racism and white supremacy while having a picture of a racist and white supremacist as your avatar.

It was Aristotle who said something along the lines that an intelligent man can entertain a view he disagrees with without adopting it.

Most everyone was a racist back then. But most of us evolved. Except the GOP.


The GOP de-evolved into cave men who worship orange ogres. :mrgreen:



The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,224
Location: Reading, England

28 Aug 2018, 2:48 am

[mod]

Please avoid the mud-slinging. Remember, PPR rules forbid attacks upon political groups.

I feel I should also mention that defending white nationalism could entirely reasonably be construed as racist, and against WrongPlanet rules.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,187
Location: Palestine

28 Aug 2018, 12:08 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
[mod]

Please avoid the mud-slinging. Remember, PPR rules forbid attacks upon political groups.

I feel I should also mention that defending white nationalism could entirely reasonably be construed as racist, and against WrongPlanet rules.


Does it?


"2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not."

What are you talking about? Christopher Hitchens defended David Irving's right to free speech and expression. It didn't make him a Holocaust denier.

If attacking a political group is not acceptable then you would have to lock pretty much every single thread on a couple of the forums.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,187
Location: Palestine

28 Aug 2018, 12:09 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Interesting when you are preaching against racism and white supremacy while having a picture of a racist and white supremacist as your avatar.

It was Aristotle who said something along the lines that an intelligent man can entertain a view he disagrees with without adopting it.

Most everyone was a racist back then. But most of us evolved. Except the GOP.


Oh... but tearing down a statue because someone was racist makes sense.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

28 Aug 2018, 1:19 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Oh... but tearing down a statue because someone was racist makes sense.

Yes. There's a difference between thinking blacks are different but human beings deserving of freedom, and thinking they are animals that exist for free labor.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,187
Location: Palestine

28 Aug 2018, 1:51 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Oh... but tearing down a statue because someone was racist makes sense.

Yes. There's a difference between thinking blacks are different but human beings deserving of freedom, and thinking they are animals that exist for free labor.


He was a white supremacist who wanted them deported back to Africa and didn't want them mixing with whites as he saw them as less than human. There were slave states in the north and Lincoln didn't mind taking money from slave owners to fund the war.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 38,815
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

28 Aug 2018, 2:51 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Oh... but tearing down a statue because someone was racist makes sense.

Yes. There's a difference between thinking blacks are different but human beings deserving of freedom, and thinking they are animals that exist for free labor.


He was a white supremacist who wanted them deported back to Africa and didn't want them mixing with whites as he saw them as less than human. There were slave states in the north and Lincoln didn't mind taking money from slave owners to fund the war.


Yes, Lincoln had toyed with the idea of sending freed slaves elsewhere. But by the end of his life, he had stated publicly how freed slaves would be granted full citizenship, including voting rights.
There were slaves in the "border states" that had stayed in the Union, such as Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland, and Delaware. These states were geographically and culturally more aligned to the south than the north. While there had formerly been slavery in northern states, the north had voluntarily ended that godless institution on their own volition, rather than having to be forced to at gunpoint.
You never answered the previous question, save to bash Lincoln with misinformation. I'd like to read your response.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,299

29 Aug 2018, 9:17 am

JohnPowell wrote:
He was a white supremacist who wanted them deported back to Africa and didn't want them mixing with whites as he saw them as less than human. There were slave states in the north and Lincoln didn't mind taking money from slave owners to fund the war.

He emancipated the slaves and prevented the breakup of the union. He's no icon of the Nazis. He did reasonably well given prevailing attitudes and understandings.



JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,187
Location: Palestine

29 Aug 2018, 5:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Oh... but tearing down a statue because someone was racist makes sense.

Yes. There's a difference between thinking blacks are different but human beings deserving of freedom, and thinking they are animals that exist for free labor.


He was a white supremacist who wanted them deported back to Africa and didn't want them mixing with whites as he saw them as less than human. There were slave states in the north and Lincoln didn't mind taking money from slave owners to fund the war.


Yes, Lincoln had toyed with the idea of sending freed slaves elsewhere. But by the end of his life, he had stated publicly how freed slaves would be granted full citizenship, including voting rights.
There were slaves in the "border states" that had stayed in the Union, such as Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland, and Delaware. These states were geographically and culturally more aligned to the south than the north. While there had formerly been slavery in northern states, the north had voluntarily ended that godless institution on their own volition, rather than having to be forced to at gunpoint.
You never answered the previous question, save to bash Lincoln with misinformation. I'd like to read your response.


Not toyed. He was set on it. It was just tripe from a corrupt politician. To make out that the winning side were some heroic hood guys when they were raping and killing natives is just absurd. The Hollywood dreamworld version of history just isn't reality. They did so via coercion, not out of good will.

I'm still waiting for you to prove your allegations.

Tucker is against war and creating refugees. He would be against mass immigration from poor Eastern European countries because that destroys your country like it does by pouring in people from war torn countries in Africa or the Middle East, especially when there is welfare. It's hilarious that you call me names because I'm from another country when I criticise US foreign policy and accuse me of hating America but you're attacking Carlson because he doesn't want a load of people flooding in who will make the country worse. He has the moral high ground. And I don't want to hear any of the "American dream" tripe.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"


JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2016
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,187
Location: Palestine

29 Aug 2018, 5:44 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
He was a white supremacist who wanted them deported back to Africa and didn't want them mixing with whites as he saw them as less than human. There were slave states in the north and Lincoln didn't mind taking money from slave owners to fund the war.

He emancipated the slaves and prevented the breakup of the union. He's no icon of the Nazis. He did reasonably well given prevailing attitudes and understandings.


So what about the union? I didn't mention Nazis. Though Lincoln saw Natives as sub human.


_________________
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"