Any aspie women and girls hate their period and pms?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

neptunekh
Toucan
Toucan

21 Aug 2018, 7:53 pm

My mum says because of a lot of anger I have towards myself I should see a therapist. She says a therapist is different from a mental health who prescribes medication and she is getting concerned when I take out my anger at myself on others by snapping and yelling. I don't know what to do about my negative feelings but maybe the therapist will have some ideas in the right direction. I sometimes wish I was a older woman because then I wouldn't get bad pms every month. Do you think women who never have pms and a period due to being older have things easier than younger women who have mental illnesses with bad pms? I have a trans woman friend who asked me because I hate my period she asked me if I wanted to be a man. I said no, I just hate my freaking period. Do any of you ever hate your period and did you get nasty sometimes? I tell trans women compared to me they are real women in the minds because of I have the mind of a little girl.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 9:14 pm

I hate any forms of hormonal changes in general. Periods even more so.

I don't like having an adult body at all. More so a female adult body. I have a very fickle body, that is fickle for reasons more than just periods.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 10:19 pm

I hate my periods too. My periods are not regular and only come when they feel like it. My mood swings can be really bad especially since I have cyclothymia.

Babi dwr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2018, 3:22 am

I was chatting to a woman about periods the other day and she was gobsmacked when I said I didnt understand really the period pain issue as Ive never had them. She laughed and rolled her head back looking to the sky as if I didnt have a clue what it was to be a woman really.

I thought about it after and was a bit miffed as I have had 4 kids naturally so know what pain is and she hasnt had any but its still something I dislike, even with no pain. Its just annoying and I wish I didnt have them.

You could just go onto birth control, try them? but avoid Depo provera as it can ruin your fertility, if you dont plan on kids that one wiped out my periods completely.

Pjscrab
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2018, 4:09 am

I had very heavy periods before I had my DD. The only thing that helped ease my cramps was magnesium supplements and iron supplements made them worse. Well it’s a known fact you gotta use iron supplements when on your periods but I don’t. I use it when they end only if I get anemic.

But the PMS got worse after I had my DD. Which got a lot better after I found out I got hypothyroid after having my DD and started thyroid medication. And the heavy cramps are back.

Your neurodiverse score: 107/200
Your neurotypical score: 135/200

You seem to have both ND and NT traits.

PanThePanda
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2018, 12:57 pm

I absolutely hate having periods. I have uterine didelphys which essentially means I have 2 uterus, 2 cervix, and 2 vaginas.. my periods are literally 2 at one time. I end up in the floor unable to do anything from the pain. I have anemia because I loose too much blood. It gets really bad sometimes and I absolutely despise it. I have honestly thought about trying to convince a doctor to remove my uterus. I hate having hormones change things and never knowing when or if I'll get my period. It can anywhere from 30 days to 6 months between periods sometimes (usually around 40-50 though). There have been times where I was on my period for over 30 days before I went to the hospital and all they did was put me on birth control (which made me sick and feel awful). Fun stuff.. :x

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 1:04 pm

^That sounds hellish. :evil:

I’m very much looking forward to menopause.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 1:30 pm

Of course I hate having it, what is there to like with disgusting blood? I'm lucky that I'm not bothered with pain, usually there is nothing at all, rarely there is slight discomfort, nothing more. Mood can be affected. More easily irritated in the week or so before.

Of course I can be easily irritated period (no pun intended)!

Quote:
I don't like having an adult body at all.
Me neither.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 7:07 pm

YES! I have PCOS and Endometriosis and I never know when to expect my period, leaving me with tons of blood stains and embarrassing moments. I don't like any of the "feminine hygiene" supplies offered, I find pads awkward and tampons uncomfortable.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 1:48 pm

I hated them, too. I have (or had) endometriosis, fibroids, and ovarian cysts and experienced a lot of pain and issues with anemia. Now I’ve been on Mirena (a hormonal IUD) and haven’t had a period in over a year. Woo hoo!

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2018, 10:06 pm

They are annoying, but I don't really have any pain with them. I take birth control so they're very light, and only last 2 or 3 days max.

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 2:00 pm

I don't get PMS but I have a hemophilia like blood disorder so my periods from the get go were literally bloodbaths that last for a week. I hate my period with a passion. I wish I had a 3 day period; even 5 days would be good.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 6:22 pm

I didn't really know what to expect when I got my first period at the age of 12, having only heard what it's like during sex ed in 5th and 6th grade. Now, at the age of 15, I am used to having my period, though there are some problems that it causes.

When experiencing symptoms of PMS at the start, I used to become quite moody and would have trouble controlling my emotions. I now know how to keep my cool and control my emotions. PMS for me now really only includes physical symptoms such as breaking out, bloating, sore breasts, and cramps. Rather than be all-out moody, I tend to be somewhat irritable before my period starts. As for the actual period itself, that causes problems as well. I wear pads, and I'm prone to leaking and staining my clothing and underwear. On my second day, I will soak an overnight pad within 2 hours during the day and need to wake up in the middle of the night to change my pad, which is always an extra-heavy overnight pad. Even then, I STILL leak.

Recently, I had my blood drawn and it said I am/was anemic. Note that I said am/was because I don't know if I still am. I started taking iron supplements for the anemia and believe that it was caused by heavy periods. The phlebotomist who took my blood said that if I bleed too heavily for too long, I may need to be given birth control pills.

TL;DR - My periods can cause problems for me, but I don't exactly hate them.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 12:17 pm

I only actually have periods once every six months or so (The longest I have gone without one was a year), and trust me, I'm not complaining.

But I still PMS regularly, and very bad. It messes up my SPD, and causes me to have terrible mood swings(To the point I often won't go to school), and even manic and depressive episodes, it's like I'm bipolar but only during pms. A whole ton of weird stuff happens during PMS.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

questor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 10:46 am

I always hated my periods, and was glad that through most of my adult life they didn't happen often. Then, when they started increasing in frequency and in amount of blood, I was puzzled, and then they went to almost constantly, and lots of flow, so I had it checked out.--Cancer! Had the works taken out 12 & 1/2 years ago, and now don't have to be bothered by periods, hormone shifts, and the cancer is gone too. :D

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 10:50 am

questor wrote:
I always hated my periods, and was glad that through most of my adult life they didn't happen often. Then, when they started increasing in frequency and in amount of blood, I was puzzled, and then they went to almost constantly, and lots of flow, so I had it checked out.--Cancer! Had the works taken out 12 & 1/2 years ago, and now don't have to be bothered by periods, hormone shifts, and the cancer is gone too. :D

I'm trying to convince my mother and doctor to let me get a hysterectomy because I was told I'm infertile anyways so I don't see why I need to have those parts inside me. They think I'm too young right now.