Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 1:13 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Oh - that could be fairly challenging. But I hope you did ok in the interview, anyway.

What's next? Got any other interviews scheduled?

No other interviews scheduled.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 2:06 pm

Hmmm... I found one Federal position that I technically qualify for and there is an option to apply non-competitivively through Schedule A (disability) and I might get an interview from that, but I wish I had a bit more experience with bird banding... The job is part data entry and part actually doing bird banding and I've assisted with bird banding before but I'm not a master at it. I keep thinking someone with lots of banding experience would more likely get this one... Sadly most jobs that train banding are unpaid internships or pay very little.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 6:43 pm

Well, apply for it anyway. If you get an interview, you can (optionally) express that you have limited experience with banding but would be willing to travel for training. (Say, a few weeks with a master bander.)

Remember, you don't know who else is applying; it might be others with even less experience.

Edit: I just realized you would be applying noncompetitively.... so my previous sentence didn't make much sense. Well, if nothing else, you could learn something about this Schedule A process.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 7:16 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Well, apply for it anyway. If you get an interview, you can (optionally) express that you have limited experience with banding but would be willing to travel for training. (Say, a few weeks with a master bander.)

Remember, you don't know who else is applying; it might be others with even less experience.

Edit: I just realized you would be applying noncompetitively.... so my previous sentence didn't make much sense. Well, if nothing else, you could learn something about this Schedule A process.

I've applied to positions using schedule A before and got interviews but obviously I still wasn't hired. I know that I meet the basic qualifications they ask for so I should get some consideration.