Where did you find out about Wrong Planet from?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Where did you find out about this site
Friend 19%  19%  [ 7 ]
Myself 69%  69%  [ 25 ]
Book 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 36

akaRiley
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2018, 11:07 am

where did you come from
where did you go
where did you come from, Asperger joe

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 7:18 pm

When I was being assesed for Aspergers I googled “Aspergers forum”. I have belonged to 2 other forums prior to Wrong Planet.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 2:24 am

A simple "autism forum" Google search.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 10:42 pm

I found out about it from a person on a cat site I used to visit.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Sep 2018, 3:24 am

I've seen members on a couple forums I went to mention it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 2:36 pm

neither of the poll options, I found a link somewhere online when I researched about Asperger's and my likelihood of having it.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 2:41 pm

None of the poll options. When a psychologist first suspected that I was autistic, she pointed me at the forum of the National Autistic Society (the main UK autism charity, and where most doctors etc. direct people.) I wasn't too keen on that site at the time, but it had some links to other forums, including Wrong Planet, so I checked them out. After a bit of lurking, I decided it was my favourite and joined.

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2019, 8:22 am

Family

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2019, 11:37 pm

I don't really remember for sure. I think I came across it in an article when I was reading up on Aspergers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 3:17 pm

I just stumbled upon WP when I was looking up stuff about autism on Google. The thread I clicked on happened to be relatable for me, and I wanted to add a reply, so I signed up just to reply to this one particular thread. I wasn't planning on joining otherwise. But it just so happened that I stuck around.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 3:23 pm

I found it online when I was 15, when I thought I might have autism. It helped to read other people's experiences, and that I was able to recognise myself in the stories.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 9:10 am

Psychologist

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 9:14 am

A partner suggested I come here.

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2019, 2:47 pm

I had been obsessing over researching ASD. Part of that research was looking for forums to gain insight from ASD individuals themselves.

I saw some comment somewhere that mentioned this site. I typed it in and found I had already visited this site quite a few times before during my research without realizing it.

I really like it, although I find myself anxious about what other users here think about me. I sometimes worry I come across as arrogant, long winded, and obnoxious. I also struggle with imposter syndrome being undiagnosed. I've been spending most of my free time here lately.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 2:53 pm

During my assesment process I did a google search for Asperger forum and wrong planet was the first forum to come up. I had belonged to two other forums prior. I joined the evening I was diagnosed.

dyadiccounterpoint wrote:
I also struggle with imposter syndrome being undiagnosed. I've been spending most of my free time here lately.

Undiagnosed and even non autistics are welcome here. If you are not on the spectrum or at least have many autistic traits you should really be feeling a disconnect by this time. As far as long winded a lot of posts are like that. People finally feeling free to "let it go, let it go" I think.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2019, 3:26 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
During my assesment process I did a google search for Asperger forum and wrong planet was the first forum to come up. I had belonged to two other forums prior. I joined the evening I was diagnosed.

dyadiccounterpoint wrote:
I also struggle with imposter syndrome being undiagnosed. I've been spending most of my free time here lately.

Undiagnosed and even non autistics are welcome here. If you are not on the spectrum or at least have many autistic traits you should really be feeling a disconnect by this time. As far as long winded a lot of posts are like that. People finally feeling free to "let it go, let it go" I think.

I feel like I relate immensely to others here. I enjoy reading their experiences and discussing my own. Lots of similarities.

I do have a "let it go" feeling here. My communicative style doesn't work well in other places, except for perhaps certain subs on reddit. I'm always checking myself elsewhere going "be concise. don't come across as arrogant. dumb down. appeal to emotion." I hate doing that.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts