What is your favorite USA state and region

Page 7 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 6:36 pm

They were back in the 1970s.

Not today, though...since there’s no draft.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 6:44 pm

NYC, since it's the cultural capital of the USA.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 12:40 am

Dylanperr wrote:
I don't see any 1981 anti American immigration law passed in Canada and I typed that in on google. I am sure most Americans who want to move to Canada aren't draft dodgers.

it is printed out on a newspaper clipping i cut out in 1981. the associated commentary on the page strongly suggested it was in response to the selection of ronald raygun as president. and it doesn't matter that most americans are not draft dodgers, the revised regulations [NOT a "law"] were indeed put into place that year. before that, i could have become a canadian if i wanted to, it did not then require 1] blood relations in-country, 2]$800k in ready funds and a viable business plan, 3]lack of diseases, 4]a valued skillset such as lawyer or engineer or medico. now all those requirements are fairly hard and fast.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 12:41 am

Dylanperr wrote:
If Americans want in there in there is no stopping them. Just look at what happened to Texas. lol.

sorry Dylan, but i fail to see the connection between canada and texas. please edumacate me on this matter. :study:

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 9:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
If Americans want in there in there is no stopping them. Just look at what happened to Texas. lol.

sorry Dylan, but i fail to see the connection between canada and texas. please edumacate me on this matter. :study:

I was just joking.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 10:24 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:

I was just joking.

ah so :bounce: my humor sniffer seems numb after 4 years of the great antihumor in the white house.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 10:53 pm

I like the desert southwest -- primarily New Mexico, the drier parts of Texas, and central Arizona.

Oddly enough, though, I feel some attraction to Kansas and Ohio! I would love to retire to the Mt Adams part of Cincinnati.

I'm told that I would love Leavenworth, Washington, but I suspect that I'd enjoy it more for a vacation than as a permanent residence. The San Juan Islands might be interesting, though.