Page 6 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 9:40 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Right now I don't like the USA, North or South. I wish I could move to another country. :D

Why and what country and what part of that country?

Because the US government is corrupt and most Americans are too ignorant to see that.

As for what country, I have no idea. Any country that speaks English and actually cares about human rights sounds great to me.

I guess New Zealand might be good, it has a temperate climate with four distinct seasons so you still get four distinct seasons without any of the midwest/northeast extreme weather, and it speaks English, and is very progressive.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 10:02 pm

Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania is the state that got its land from the Indians by treaty, not war. It is historically very tolerant of different groups--for instance the Amish and Mennonites.

It has mountainous country, coal country and farm country.

And it is the birthplace of the U.S.A. and of me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 10:42 pm

Colorado is cool I suppose, but I think a place like Alaska would be cool as there would be ocean and mountains. Obviously colorado has no ocean so no viewing of cool sea animals like sea lions, dolphins or whales. I did get to see a sea lion up close when me and my family went on a trip to california in my teens...I actually touched the sea lion and learned their fur is very rough feeling, in retrospect it was probably not smart to go up and pet the wild and carnivorous sea lion, it could have eaten me :skull:.

California was too hot though, movies and media stuff makes it seems like living in a more tropical environment is oh so great, but IRL just feels hot and uncomfortable...I certainly prefer cooler weather.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 6:48 pm

I have family living in Tennessee, so I'm hoping one day to go there & finally meet them in-person!

One family member who lives in TN is one of my mom's cousins who calls her on a regular basis.

As for other states, maybe Colorado, Pennsylvania, or Washington.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:55 pm

San Francisco, California along Haight Ashbury.

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2021, 1:46 am

Oregon is really nice, to me anyway. I grew up in the American Southwest, and still live in it currently. I hate the heat, how lifeless it is, how everything is the color of dirt. I like forests, crisp morning dew, and seasons.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 2:28 am

My favorite regions are Texas,the Southwest, the West and the South.My absolute favorite state is Texas.Arizona,New Mexico and Nevada are in a 3-way tie for my second favorite state.I also love Oklahoma,Arkansas,TN,Florida, California and Colorado

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 1:52 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My favorite regions are Texas,the Southwest, the West and the South.My absolute favorite state is Texas.Arizona,New Mexico and Nevada are in a 3-way tie for my second favorite state.I also love Oklahoma,Arkansas,TN,Florida, California and Colorado

What about those states do you like. The Southwest has a lot of gorgeous scenery so that has it going for it.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 1:53 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
San Francisco, California along Haight Ashbury.

I love the houses there.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 4:33 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Right now I don't like the USA, North or South. I wish I could move to another country. :D

Because the US government is corrupt and most Americans are too ignorant to see that.

As for what country, I have no idea. Any country that speaks English and actually cares about human rights sounds great to me.

I guess New Zealand might be good, it has a temperate climate with four distinct seasons so you still get four distinct seasons without any of the midwest/northeast extreme weather, and it speaks English, and is very progressive.

prob with the commonwealth nations is they make it especially hard for most amuuuricans to live there, BWO strict requirements on wealth and health.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

prob with the commonwealth nations is they make it especially hard for most amuuuricans to live there, BWO strict requirements on wealth and health.

I wonder why?

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:35 am

MidnightRose wrote:
Oregon is really nice, to me anyway. I grew up in the American Southwest, and still live in it currently. I hate the heat, how lifeless it is, how everything is the color of dirt. I like forests, crisp morning dew, and seasons.

American Southwest has that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Rockies_forests. Forests and distinct seasons but not sure about crisp morning dew however. Higher elevation means the heat isn't as intense and doesn't last as long.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 2:10 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

What about those states do you like. The Southwest has a lot of gorgeous scenery so that has it going for it.

there's so much i love about those states and especially Texas.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 2:15 am

Dylanperr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I wonder why?

in 1981 canada [followed by the rest of the commonwealth] passed laws to prevent further fleeing draft dodgers from america's foolish wars, from taking residence in-country. the stiffened rules were designed to prevent most americans from living in canada. it used to be fairly easy to become a canadian resident before that.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 6:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I wonder why?

in 1981 canada [followed by the rest of the commonwealth] passed laws to prevent further fleeing draft dodgers from america's foolish wars, from taking residence in-country. the stiffened rules were designed to prevent most americans from living in canada. it used to be fairly easy to become a canadian resident before that.

If Americans want in there in there is no stopping them. Just look at what happened to Texas. lol.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 6:31 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I wonder why?

If Americans want in there in there is no stopping them. Just look at what happened to Texas. lol.

I don't see any 1981 anti American immigration law passed in Canada and I typed that in on google. I am sure most Americans who want to move to Canada aren't draft dodgers.