Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

SunnyGirl00
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2018, 7:34 am

Is this normal? (Serious question here and long thanks for reading in advance)

I have two inner voices the main one which is me and then the other one who is a lot more aggressive bosses me around but she sounds exactly like me She’s been there all my life I’ll give an example.

I could be doing dishes or cooking and she’ll make a comment like “You should
put bleach on that.” Or you should add salt to that.

I could be shopping and someone looks at me and she’ll say “they’re probably up to something.”

I remember being 9 or 10 and crashing my bike because she told me to take a left instead of a right and ended up cutting my knee.

Even as I type this she’s commenting on what I should say.

It’s been that way since I was a little kid her always saying something

I’m not trolling I assure you, no one takes me serisouly when I tell them I’ve been to therapist who thought I was “attention seeking.”

It’s a constant worry. Of if you don’t do this or this something terrible will happen.
She call me names “stupid idiot.”
You shouldn’t have done that.” No wonder everyone hates you.” You should kill your self already.”

I refer to myself as we not just me.

It’s reallt difficult I’m getting scared this. May be DID or something I already have depersonalization and Aspergers. but it may be something more.

My biggest fear is her taking over and me disappearing completely..

Sometimes things happen at night that I don’t remember. Like moving my phone or calling people with nonsense. My eyes roll back too. A few months ago everything went black for like a spilt second it was the strangest thing I’ve ever experienced..

I don’t know where to go or if this is normal. My dad doesn’t take me seriously he tells me to stop it and says I don’t need therapy.

( if this is Dissociative identity disorder I’m not sure how it happened my childhood was pretty good.)

And I know no one can diganosed me over the internet I’m mainly looking for some understanding or if someone else experience this.. :(
Does everyone hear two inner voices?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 8:13 am

Can you hear these voices like you would hear people talking? If not, it is pretty typical to have two, three, or even 10 inner voices. Our inner voice is just “voicing” our thoughts, if you will, and it isn’t a separate person/personality, despite the fact that two or more inner voices often conflict. (https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7417182)

As you know, I cannot diagnose you over the internet, but I would say that it is highly unlikely you have DID. Most people with DID have a degree of clinical amnesia and are often unaware of some or all of their alters. One can be co-conscious, but as soon as one alter takes over it is like the person is thrown in the backseat and can only observe, but not interfere with, the actions of the other alter. I know you mentioned the odd experiences at night; could you perhaps elaborate a bit more on those? It seems like you remember everything going black, and therefore it may have been something completely different and not related to the mental health experiences at all. Hope this helps.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Aug 2018, 10:45 am

This is likely a very slim chance but perhaps the voice is some kind of hallucination due to something like schizophrenia

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2018, 6:27 pm

I think this is normal. Unless your other inner voice has a completely separate identity from you (a different name, age, personality, gender, etc). Also, are you actually hearing her or is she just like an inner voice? If you are really hearing her or she has a separate identity then I might look into something like DID or schizophrenia, but otherwise I think it's normal.

BabeDiamond247
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2018, 12:35 pm

Most of my life I've been hearing voices. I have told people I'm close to like family members but they never take me seriously. They just tell me it's just in my head and that it's nothing to worry about.