Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

KWC10
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2018, 11:29 am

i have currently logged about 193 hours into dragon ball fighterz what fighting games do you guys play?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2018, 3:30 pm

I don't really play those games all that much anymore, but I used to love TMNT tournament fighters, Clay fighters, Mortal Kombat and Double dragon.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2018, 9:08 pm

Eh, I tend to be *very* good at them (something I've had a chance to prove many, many times now), but I seem to be losing interest these days.

Part of it is not wanting to deal with other players. People are jerks. The FGC is a nasty ball of horrible awfulness in particular. And I have exactly ONE actual friend who has even a remote interest in these. So... it's either play them with jerks online (or at conventions), or only play them when he happens to have free time. I do still play them with my friend when over at his house, but when it comes to playing with jerks... ugh, I'm just so tired of them. SO tired of them. I've dealt with way too many bad eggs at this point... call me jaded, perhaps.

So I used to do these very frequently, but... yeah, lately it's gotten harder to care.

Guilty Gear was always my big thing. Well, the older ones anyway, back on the PS2... the new ones can go jump off a cliff.

Blazblue is another, I've played tons of that.

DBZ is... ehh, I bought it, but while it was cool I just couldnt make myself go online and deal with idiots. And since I tend to STRONGLY dislike singleplayer content in fighting games (DBZ being no exception), I stopped playing it quickly. It got maybe 3 hours out of me and then I lost interest.

And lastly, Smash. That game is the ONE exception to the "dont want to deal with idiots" rule. I dont really know why... just is. The fact that Nintendo doesnt allow voice chat may be part of it. It's also the exception to the "I hate singleplayer" rule as that series is typically *fantastic* about that. So THAT series, I'm still fully into. Granted I havent played it much lately, but that's just because other games have my attention.

And then there's Capcom's fighting games. I hate all of them. ALL of them.

KWC10
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Aug 2018, 1:49 am

Misery wrote:
Eh, I tend to be *very* good at them (something I've had a chance to prove many, many times now), but I seem to be losing interest these days.

Part of it is not wanting to deal with other players. People are jerks. The FGC is a nasty ball of horrible awfulness in particular. And I have exactly ONE actual friend who has even a remote interest in these. So... it's either play them with jerks online (or at conventions), or only play them when he happens to have free time. I do still play them with my friend when over at his house, but when it comes to playing with jerks... ugh, I'm just so tired of them. SO tired of them. I've dealt with way too many bad eggs at this point... call me jaded, perhaps.

So I used to do these very frequently, but... yeah, lately it's gotten harder to care.

Guilty Gear was always my big thing. Well, the older ones anyway, back on the PS2... the new ones can go jump off a cliff.

DBZ is... ehh, I bought it, but while it was cool I just couldnt make myself go online and deal with idiots. And since I tend to STRONGLY dislike singleplayer content in fighting games (DBZ being no exception), I stopped playing it quickly. It got maybe 3 hours out of me and then I lost interest.

And lastly, Smash. That game is the ONE exception to the "dont want to deal with idiots" rule. I dont really know why... just is. The fact that Nintendo doesnt allow voice chat may be part of it. It's also the exception to the "I hate singleplayer" rule as that series is typically *fantastic* about that. So THAT series, I'm still fully into. Granted I havent played it much lately, but that's just because other games have my attention.

most fighting games dont have voice chat anymore so you should be good and most fgc communities i know are super supportive except maybe the smash players (melee in particular) you should be fine now with fighterz as that does not have any form of chat but cross tag does and oh boy does it get salty i tend to be very supportive if i can in any fighting game i know about im always one of the first to offer to learn a new fighter

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 9:39 pm

I love fighting games. My favorite is still Mortal Kombat 3. I currently play Street Fighter IV online with the Nintendo 3DS

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 7:50 pm

KWC10 wrote:
Misery wrote:

most fighting games dont have voice chat anymore so you should be good and most fgc communities i know are super supportive except maybe the smash players (melee in particular) you should be fine now with fighterz as that does not have any form of chat but cross tag does and oh boy does it get salty i tend to be very supportive if i can in any fighting game i know about im always one of the first to offer to learn a new fighter

Neh... I've had ALOT of interactions (and witnessed alot of interactions) with the FGC and... honestly, NONE of it has been good. Ever. It's always scrub this, and scrub that... and so on. There's a reason why there's so very many videos out there just of players acting like asshats in relation to the FGC... and that's just the videos. I dont even want to so much as look at the forums at this point.

Besides, for me, there's no point in doing so. My whole thing is that I utterly ignore the meta and all that, but will usually win anyway. I'll play whoever I want and dagnabit, I will make it work. Combos? I dont watch combo videos... I just come up with my own, and screw whatever everyone else is doing. If I'm not doing it myself, there's no satisfaction. The usual practices in the FGC, I just dont do. Which actually is part of the problem. I've seen, so MANY times, where I'll be facing someone that IS super involved with the FGC and does all the typical stuff... and then they lose (and often, lose HARD) and rage out, because a "scrub" beat them. Doesnt matter how bonkers my winning streak is or something like that... still a "scrub" to them because I'm not playing the "right" way. They are not an accepting group. Their way or the highway... even if their way is less effective and doing the losing (and it usually is).

And... yeah. Just sucks the fun out of it.

It's not just that though. Even playing online without chat has issues due to this. When you fight against player #2069367 doing the exact same bloody tactics with the same character as the last zillion players, it gets old. Most players just copy others, and that to me is bloody boring. So I tend to lose interest fast.

I used to put up with these things much better, but yeah, lately just cant be bothered (at least, not until Smash Ultimate comes out). There's other genres out there that'll offer me plenty of challenge but without this sort of crap.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 10:26 am

Only fighting game I ever liked was Killer Instinct on SNES.

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 3:49 pm

Yes, I like Soul Calibur VI as well as SSB

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 9:42 am

Mega Man Power Battle and Power Fighters.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2022, 1:31 pm

Im absolutely in love with super smash bros.

I also play mortal kombat, tekken, and soul calibur.

MOONTRIPS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2022, 10:14 pm

not super into them. I'm a casual Smash Bros. fan and I really enjoyed Soulcalibur II, that's it.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2022, 11:17 pm

Not a big fan of typical fighting games that have one-on-one fights/matches.

I do like side-scrolling beat 'em ups however. I like the Streets of Rage series (originally played on the Sega Megadrive).

Garthilium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2022, 10:41 am

Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate, Dead or Alive 3 both on xbox emulator, Dead or Alive 6 on PC.