Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Are You Asexual?
Yes I am asexual 18%  18%  [ 11 ]
I have romantic attraction for people but not sexual attraction 15%  15%  [ 9 ]
I am demisexual meaning I can't have sexual attraction for someone without an emotional connection 26%  26%  [ 16 ]
Hell no! To the no no no... 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
My browser history says otherwise... 11%  11%  [ 7 ]
I'm hypersexual. I'm so horny, I could hump a cactus. 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 61

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 4:47 am

Conner42 wrote:
Demisexual means your more attracted to someone emotionally than physically. You're aroused by the fact that you have an emotional connection with this person and not because of their physical appearance.

Sort of. But more importantly, it means that if you don't have that emotional bond with someone who is making sexual advances towards you, it's very difficult to reciprocate.

At least, that's how I've always felt.

Being physically attractive certainly doesn't hurt, though :oops:

Skilpadde wrote:
Tight or otherwise revealing clothes disgust me, and I look elsewhere.

I don't think you're alone in that one =)

Especially, as of late, the fashion has been super-tight tights with no skirt over it...I have seen folds and crevices that no human being should ever see. Yuck.

Put on some clothes, please :roll:

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 6:54 am

I have an answer that is a contradiction in terms: I voted hyper-sexual but because of the inherent dangers this presented me with I have been celibate for the past 22 years by choice. My sexual desire can be pretty crazy at times and I've had to relieve those feelings up to four times in a day but I realized early on that I would probably kill myself with STDs if I wasn't careful. So, as I said, I have been celibate and that is, I haven't had sex with a woman, for 22 years now.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 8:51 am

I'm finding this particularly interesting being demisexual and not personally knowing other people who are demisexual.
I don't feel so weird now. :heart:

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 9:01 am

I am also Demisexual and never met anyone that was as well. Most people are the one night stand type, I just can't do that. I need a long time before I can have sex with someone. When I do, I am incredibly passionate. Demisexuals make love in a different way, they melt together, really care and love.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 9:09 am

I identify as Pansexual, leaning more towards females. However, I am wondering if I might actually be Demisexual now. I don't like the idea of having a romantic relationship unless I really feel connected to the person.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 9:10 am

Not going to lie, I voted and already questionably regret what I submitted as a response not the least because of what my selection entails me to take into account.

rick42
Toucan
Toucan

28 Aug 2018, 10:47 am

I might as well be Asexual,but I'm not.I'm still attracted to women,but women are not attracted to me.That's despite of the fact that I'm not overweight/obese,have good personality,and have a high paying job.I have asked plenty of women over the years,including plenty of Aspie women and I was rejected by all women,regardless if the woman was NT or a Aspie,it didn't matter in this case.Now I have face reality that I will never be in a romantic relationship,ever.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 11:59 am

Also, I must add, the browser thing fits me well :lol:

Alirat
Raven
Raven

28 Aug 2018, 3:43 pm

None of the choices fitted me. I am not asexual although I have been celibate by choice for about 16 or 17 years now. I am attracted to both male and female but transgender or cross dressed people hold a special fascination. My partner is asexual and transitioning M to F and although when we first met he(at the time) was not asexual for a brief period, we overdid it somewhat. Happy in our sexless relationship now.

I always found sex overwhelming and would go over the top - probably oversexed or hyper sexual. Not sure if that was a product of the abuse I suffered or what, but it certainly didn't help with relationships. I am much happier now that I am celibate as it was a confusing and negative thing in my life, and being female it was certainly not socially acceptable to be so voracious in my sexuality.

Interesting question w regards to Autism/Asperger's.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 146 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 58 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 5:00 pm

WallflowerAsparagus wrote:
I'm finding this particularly interesting being demisexual and not personally knowing other people who are demisexual.
I don't feel so weird now. :heart:

I've never thought about it before, but I don't think I know any other demisexuals, either. I didn't even know it was a thing until maybe last year, when I saw it mentioned on an OkCupid profile.

I know a few people though who are virgins, and aren't sure if they're asexual or not.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 10:39 pm

I'm asexual and aromantic. My friends and I like to joke around that I'm peasexual because I like to sleep with all of my plush Om Noms from Cut the Rope every night.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2018, 11:30 pm

I'm definitely not asexual, as I'm in a committed relationship.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 5:17 am

But asexual people are allowed to be in committed relationships...? :?

BAP_Buddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2018, 8:24 pm

What about lithromantic? From the Asexuality wiki: Lithromantic is a term to describe a person who experiences romantic love but does not want their feelings to be reciprocated. Lithromantic people may or may not be ok with romantic relationships. Some accept reciprocated platonic love, or even romantic love, but does not find it necessary in a relationship.

I've always considered myself heterosexual/heteroromantic since I've always been attracted to men, and always had thoughts/fantasies of such things, but I'm not sure if I'd actually want a relationship in real life. I've liked a few people in real life (my "do you like me?" notes as a kid always got a No :lol: ) and any of the in-person men I've been attracted to are usually guys I've seen around or don't know too well. My main crushes are pretty much famous people. I don't think I could completely identify as "lithromantic", but might be able to say that I lean that way, since all my feelings are pretty much in my own mind.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 8:42 pm

graceksjp wrote:
At the sake of sounding really stupid, what does demisexual mean? Or aromantic? Does that mean like you don't want to be in love with someone? That sounds....lonely (no offense). If you're in a loving relationship isn't sex like the point? Or do both of you have to not want sex.. And wait what exactly entails not wanting sex? Because the definition of sexual intercourse is like um...yeah, ya know..(good lord I sound like Im twelve) but isnt there technically...other stuff? Or is it more everything's-a-no-go even-just-kissing. Cause I was under the impression that kissing usually led to something else. I mean the few times Ive let guys kiss me, they get real handsy real fast.

(also how exactly do you know if ur asexual....cause Im putting myself under serious debate)

#that.might.be.the.most.awkward.thing.ive.ever.written.in.my.life

Asexuality is a lack of sexual attraction, which can be defined as never having the desire to have sex with another person. Kissing isn't inherently a sexual act, so some asexuals may like kissing, while others don't. A relationship between an asexual and sexual person may work out or may not, depending on the intensity of the sexual person's sexual needs and/or the willingness of the asexual person to engage in sex. It can be hard to determine whether you're asexual or not, but if you've never felt the desire to have sex with a specific person, you're likely asexual.

Aromantic means not romantically attracted to others. It doesn't mean loneliness, because platonic relationships can be just as close and fulfilling. Though aromantics may get lonely if their friends prioritize their romantic relationships over friendships.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 9:33 am

Definitely asexual. I learned about it in my early 20s by accident xD