Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Are You Asexual?
Yes I am asexual 18%  18%  [ 11 ]
I have romantic attraction for people but not sexual attraction 15%  15%  [ 9 ]
I am demisexual meaning I can't have sexual attraction for someone without an emotional connection 26%  26%  [ 16 ]
Hell no! To the no no no... 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
My browser history says otherwise... 11%  11%  [ 7 ]
I'm hypersexual. I'm so horny, I could hump a cactus. 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 61

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 9:33 am

Definitely asexual. I learned about it in my early 20s by accident xD

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 4:31 pm

Now I am asexual-like, maybe thanks to antipsychotic drugs like olanzapine or sulpiride and due to being religious. My nature wants to have autistic people in my close family as "pet animals" or something or somebody alike. My mentality "complains" that my parents and siblings are not having ASD or psychosis... My nature :heart: people with similar problems than me. I am "lonely" because my inmates do not have developmental or at least chronic mental disabilities like ASD or schizophrenia. My nature would prefer having brother or sister with bookish ASD without intellectual disability than having neurotypical wife. And I feel no need for caressing, kissing, hugging that sibling. My sister may look somewhat autistic-like, but she may not have any mental disorder or have "not attractive" to my mind mental disorders like addiction to computer or smartphone. And I may not feel love even to autistic people or inmates.

I may have never desired having a friend and I might never have a friend. But it is not painful to my schizoautistic nature. Maybe I do not know what to mean being loved or unloved? I might also have no need of being accepted by other people, also peers. I "loved" girls when I was a child, but this might be (sexual) infatuation, not real, emotional love. I was sexual when I was about 6 years old. I was not so religious then.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 7:47 am

^Surely you can be religious and still desire sex? What's wrong with that? Whether you actually get it or not is a different thing and if you're waiting until you're married, you may be in for a long wait. I get the impression from the above and other posts of yours that you don't go out much. I may be wrong though.

I'm asexual and have known it since before I was a teenager even though I had no words for it. AVEN opened up my eyes a good many years ago with the definition of asexuality and other terms besides.

However, in my late teens and 20s I tried sex and its variations with a number of boyfriends. It wasn't often enough for them so we broke up.

Other people having sex and talking about it doesn't bother me. It's a very natural thing, why else would there be so many people on the planet? :wink: It's just not for me and I'm happy being single.

BookwormSophie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2018, 5:17 am

Heteromantic asexual. I can have romantic feelings for guys, but never sexual. I never want to kiss or do anything sexual.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2018, 3:34 pm

Religion took my desire for sexual activities out. It's good. I do not want to commit mortal sin of lust. My nature feels need of physical contact with woman, even asexual. My parents and siblings rather do not have mental disorders, i am the "black sheep". My nature regrets that my sister has not ASD, having a sister or brother with high-functioning autism might satisfy my non-sexual "romantic" needs despite not having a spouse and offspring. My mentality might want to have children for fun, for having "pet animals". Wife may look for it as the main "pet animal". Cats are sweet and cute, but they are rather dirty and defecate and urinate, (commonly) not to the toilet. I would rather not sleep with a cat. I can have dreams about asexual sleeping with autistic wife in one bed. Woman can be very beautiful, but not sexually attractive.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Sep 2018, 3:21 pm

I have/had a high sex drive but i would just handle it myself & I take meds to reduce it nowadays. I'm sort of demisexual in that I don't desire sex outside of a serious romantic realtionship.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AbleBaker
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Oct 2018, 12:05 am

Olivia_H wrote:
Why is there not just a simple "No" option? I'm not asexual but I'm not aggressively sexual. "Hell to the no" implies a strong opinion, at least to me.

I lack the desire, motivation and drive to seek a relationship but I definitely am attracted to males, physically.

This is similar to me except in reverse.

I don't believe I'm asexual. I have a definite preference for the opposite sex. I'm just not motivated to do anything about it.