Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2018, 9:45 pm

Chopin is one of my top favorite composers. I especially love his nocturnes. They are so intense and beautiful. It amazes me how they convey such a depth of emotion!

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 3:09 pm

Chopin fan here. Being the completionist that I am, I've owned two different box sets of his complete works, the one with Mauricio Pollini on piano and the other with pianist Garrick Ohlsson. The Pollini is gone but I still have, and listen to, the Ohlsson. Tres magnifique!

The 42nd Doctor
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Nov 2018, 6:50 pm

Yes! It’s generally my go to music whenever I am doing homework or revising. Chopin is excellent; for my last birthday I invited a few friends and for a while all we did was eat dinner quietly with Chopin playing on the background (it was very awkward, eventually my mum told me to switch the music to something a bit more lively or to start a conversation, so I switched the music to ELO and we started to talk). I also enjoy playing Chopin on the piano.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 4:11 pm

I like his solo piano music. He never really wrote anything meatier than that, as far as I know (with the obvious exception of a few piano concerti, which never made any impression on me). They're nice for relaxing, but I prefer something a little more demanding.

Pyromanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Nov 2018, 12:16 pm