Do women like or dislike effeminate men?

Page 6 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Sep 2018, 8:48 am

It's not impossible for an effeminate guy to find a woman but the tricky thing if meeting the rite woman. As I mentioned in my other post in here, I'm kind of effeminate. My girlfriend jokes that I'm 51% feminine & that she's 51% masculine. She's very different than other women because she was interested in me despite my MANY issues. I was(& still am) on Social Security Disability, cant drive, & was stuck living with my parents cuz of that & was also very lonely & a little depressed. on top of lots of other things She liked the fact that I'm very supportive(or at least try to be), very affectionate, very accepting(I was very desperate), & was very willing to relocate(I felt very trapped living with my parents in a rural area with no public transportation). This whole combo of stuff made me unattractive to most other women but for some reason my girlfriend was actually surprised I was still single when she messaged me.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 1:47 pm

I think some people here are misconstruing the concept of effeminate with the idea of having no responsibility or being submissive in a relationship. However, among homosexual men at least, being a "fem" or a "queen" has no bearing on their level of responsibilities in a relationship and whether they are dominant or submissive, sexually or otherwise. They are effeminate in terms of the fact that their personality, body language, and manner of expression contains elements more often associated with the female gender.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 4:06 pm

Chronos wrote:
I think some people here are misconstruing the concept of effeminate with the idea of having no responsibility or being submissive in a relationship. However, among homosexual men at least, being a "fem" or a "queen" has no bearing on their level of responsibilities in a relationship and whether they are dominant or submissive, sexually or otherwise. They are effeminate in terms of the fact that their personality, body language, and manner of expression contains elements more often associated with the female gender.

Being submissive doesn’t mean you have no responsibility, just that you give more decision making over to the other. Usually(which is changing hopefully) most relationships the man makes the decisions after discussing(sadly sometimes without).
Both partners still need do chores and stuff.
My emotional and behavior or more like women like, perhaps cause I was raised by only women. I don’t like getting dirty, I’m not physical strong, I prefer to stay inside, etc. women who like getting dirty, doing outdoors stuff etc are called tomboys, am I a tomgirl? Am I effeminate? I’m not too masculine. I do tend to like male steroptye hobby’s to a extent. Men call me a wuss, women say I’m not manly.
Emotional I’m more female, sex is very emotional thing for me that makes me feel more attached to someone, while for a lot of men it’s not and they just see it as fun. I tend to want to be listened to rather then have solutions given(stereotype for women), I cry when upset. Aren’t tomboys usually raised by mostly men? Atleast in movies and shows they are, perhaps that is why they are mor masculine? So perhaps the opposite is true.
Probably why I get along better emotionally with women as friends then men. My male friends liked to do things outdoors that I didn’t.
I dont know if my body language is effeminate or not though.

XFilesGeek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Sep 2018, 5:42 pm

As a butch woman who often gets mistaken for an effeminate man, I can say that being a "fem" man is a huge PITA.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (moderator)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 6:19 pm

What’s pita mean?

XFilesGeek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Sep 2018, 6:49 pm

Sorry.

Pain-In-The-A$$

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (moderator)

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 6:58 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
As a butch woman who often gets mistaken for an effeminate man, I can say that being a "fem" man is a huge PITA.

Why do you hate me?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 7:28 pm

Mark, I don't feel that XFiles hates you. Why should she?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 7:36 pm

I'm pretty sure nobody said that. XFG was referring to her own perspective if I understood correctly.

I'm on board with this being a major annoyance though at least there's something more about me women can identify with.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 8:13 am

BTDT wrote:
Wow! That really changes things! You should date tall girls. Too tall is a date breaker for MEN.

Not for me! I find 6 foot plus girls very attractive!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 9:20 am

And too short is a deal breaker for women. I highly doubt the man rejects the woman for being too tall anywhere near as often as the woman rejects the man for being too short.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Sep 2018, 7:11 am

I'll admit I'm more attracted to petite women but that was never something I factored in when looking for a girlfriend. My current girlfriend is close to my height & that doesn't bother me & I don't think a taller girl would bother me either.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 4:54 pm

I know a short Italian guy who's had more women than I ever will.