How to talk to girls at work

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2018, 1:41 pm

What's the easiest thing to talk about? I find it hard to keep a conversation going with anyone?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 1:44 pm

What's the easiest topic to discuss with people at work?

Work.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 2:47 pm

Even easier: shut up and work, at least while they let you.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 2:53 pm

Neat places you went to on your vacation.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 3:02 pm

Or ask them where they went on vacation.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 3:26 pm

^^^Great idea!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 3:36 pm

I’d expect to be told to mind my own goddamn business.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 4:21 pm

As an approach? Say somthing nice about her work and about seeing her. Don't forget to look at her eyes and to smile friendly - even with your eyes - and never look away before she does. Girls have beautiful eyes you should enjoy them! Try to feel as positive about being near to her and seeing her at this time as you can. If she prevents eye contact and looks away then skip any further step because she is not interested in you at all. Otherwise she reads you empathically that causes her to feel the same way about you as you do for her. That should be as positive and attracted to her as possible. Keep the eye contact as long as you talk to her! If the conversation stops ask about her education and her special skills or where she comes from or about her spare time activities aso. Ask for interesting details. Don't talk about you unless she asks. If she seems a little bit interested in you then suggest to meet somewhere after work. Good luck!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 5:00 pm

Talk about your shared interests.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2018, 5:13 pm

I really wouldn't recommend trying to date anyone where you work. It's just not a good idea. The old saying "don't sh*t where you eat" holds very true.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 5:35 pm

Unless you don’t plan on making your a career of your job at the same company or you are incredibly confident in damage control should things not go your way? I’d say still to talking about work, and if you are on a friendly enough level do the basics - talk about each other’s weekend, ask questions about what they’ve told you then perhaps divert the conversation to any related hobbies.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 5:57 pm

Women at work in around town don’t want me to look at them non less soeach to them, I’m not good enough for any of their time and they know it.
I don’t talk to any unless addressed first(rarely ever happens) and I look down and away when they come near

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2018, 12:56 am

Stardust Parade wrote:
I really wouldn't recommend trying to date anyone where you work. It's just not a good idea. The old saying "don't sh*t where you eat" holds very true.

Dating people at work can be a double-edged sword. On the plus side, it can let you get to know people in a casual manner, without the pressure of going on a date with them. On the downside, though, personal issues can be brought to work, there can be favoritism, and if things go bad, at the very least it can become uncomfortable, and at the worst, it can become a big nightmare.

If someone is planning on dating anyone from work, I would suggest at least finding someone that works in a different dept. (that you won't see everyday). The same goes for dating people around your neighborhood, as well (dating the lady across the hall, in an apartment complex, is probably a bad idea :)).

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 3:38 pm

accountinglad wrote:
What's the easiest thing to talk about? I find it hard to keep a conversation going with anyone?

Then your question shouldn't be "How to talk to girls at work", it should be "How to talk to people everywhere".

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Aug 2018, 9:32 pm

Don't feel bad about it because this is a very common problem for us guys. So common Rick Springfield did a song about it :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 10:48 pm

Talk about the weather lol