Deinonychus
Deinonychus

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 10:40 am

Most of us don't speak the language.

So...

What language is it? Whats the song about? What does your name mean?

MalchikBrodyaga
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2018, 12:07 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Most of us don't speak the language.

So...

What language is it? Whats the song about? What does your name mean?

It's in Russian.

My username, which is the same as the title of that song, means "boy the wanderer":

Мальчик=Mal'chik= boy
Бродяга=Brodyaga= wanderer

The song is about the boy that keeps wondering from place to place in search of some fulfillment of his dreams.

That's what I do: I keep transferring from school to school (across different parts of US and even elsewhere in the world), getting multiple degrees, in hopes of eventually becoming a physics professor. And at every place I go to I keep screwing up socially and then keep dreaming about having better social life in the next place, only to find myself proven wrong and looking forward to yet another move.

Obviously that song doesn't talk about schools and so forth, its a lot vaguer than that, but still, I feel like that song is totally about me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 8:05 pm

Okay. Interesting. Reminds of this old American folk song. "Ramblin Boy". One of the many folk/country/blues songs about American vagabonds called "hobos" who road freight trains, and lived in camps by the rails called "hobo jungles" (just so you know the lingo in the song).

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Feb 2019, 3:32 am

https://youtu.be/x4emmWGZiLo

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2019, 4:52 pm

The road to Erewhon