Competent evaluation for adult females in NE USA/Quebec

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

swordrat32
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Aug 2018, 9:18 pm

Hi,

I live in central Vermont. Thanks to everyone who previously was very compassionate with me as I agonized about seeking evaluation/diagnosis. I've decided I want to go ahead but the options seem very limited. I find it very overwhelming to try to push back and make sure I find someone who is actually competent at adult female evaluation, but I know I'll be very mad at myself if I don't.

I was referred to Ed Jacobs/Richard Shulik in New Hampshire, so any thoughts on them would be welcome.

But more broadly, does anyone have recommendations for professionals in or near the US northeast who can competently assess ASD in adult women? I'm willing to go to as far as Boston or Montreal (must be English-speaking), but hopefully not farther than like 3 hours out of Montpelier, VT since there will likely be multiple visits involved.

Thanks for any thoughts.

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Oct 2018, 2:39 pm

I'm fairly new and a little late to reply. I am on a wait list to get a diagnosis here in NYC. There are many practitioners here but all have wait lists. I'm currently waiting for this dr.:
spectrumpsychservices.com

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 5:24 pm

Asperger/Autism Association of New England

Free Phone Consultation for Adults

Quote:
AANE staff are available to respond to your questions or concerns, provide support and information, and help you find resources and referrals. Don't know where to start? Schedule a call and we'll help you find your way.

Adult Contact form

General Inquiries
Phone: (617) 393-3824
Email: [email protected]

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman