At last! A theme park depicting the real history!

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 2:24 am

Not only did humans and dinosaurs coexist on our six thousand year old Earth, but dinosaurs even played an untold role in America's Civil War!

https://youtu.be/lndwCdnAT0I

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2018, 11:51 am

I don't even really have words to express my views here, so I'll just say; it's not Ken Ham's weird creationist museum, at least.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2018, 4:27 pm

Its obviously a put-on, even though the proprietor claims that its not a put on. A great spoof of American road side tourist traps in general, and of Ken Haim's Ark Encounter in particular.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2018, 4:32 pm

Yeah, I kinda figured it would be something like this.

Religionists get a lot of things wrong, not just history, not the least of which is their dispute with the evidence for evolution in fossils and DNA because they are concerned about secular forces encroaching on their religious faith.

I mean, there seems to be something threatening to Religionists in any fact that contradicts their precious beliefs.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RESleight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2018, 8:59 am

who needs horses when you have dinosaurs to serve as mounts for the officers.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 10:35 am

That's pretty weird. How about this attraction:

How lame is that?
Interesting use of old satellite dishes though.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 6:52 am

Yes. That satellite dish thing is pretty cool.

Maybe they can even find a way to use sound to start a fire ( like the way a magnifying glass focuses light to start a fire).

The rest of that museum is ridiculous.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 7:04 am

RESleight wrote:
who needs horses when you have dinosaurs to serve as mounts for the officers.

Really.

If I were a cavalry guy mounted on a horse, and I saw the enemy come over the hill riding triceratopses, I would just throw in the towel right then and there! :o

RESleight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Sep 2018, 9:37 am

Absolutely. I was thinking something carnivorous would probably be better utilized as a mount, because it can also function offensively on the field. Specific dinosaurs large enough to carry a man with standard gear of the time, and not be encumbered could be very formidable. I thought about Megalosaurus as a possibility.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 7:58 am

I was thinking that a triceratops ( cant seem to be able to post a pic-those things that looked rhinos with horns), could both carry a mount and be used offensively (that have horns and built in shields in their anatomy).

But that raises the question of why pre 20th Century armies didn't actually use mammalian rhinos as cavalry mounts for the same reason. I guess that rhinos must be hard to tame.

Ancient armies DID use elephants. Hannibal was the most famous general to use elephants, but he was neither the only nor the last general to do so. In the Sixteen Hundreds the Moguls in India used elephants (sometimes with cannons mounted on their sides) in battle.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 7:58 pm

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 11:25 am

If there is anything better than combining the U.S. Civil War with dinosaurs its combining the U.S. Civil War with Bigfoot! :lol:

But seriously this diary that the narrators is reading is kinda interesting. The ten minutes before he gets to Bigfoot is kinda interesting just as history ( it shines light on the life of a regular Southern guy serving in the rebel army, and following Nathan Bedford Forrest). And when you get to the part about the creatures in the woods...I don't know what to make of it. You be the judge. :)

naturalplastic wrote:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 11:36 am

wtf

i want to visit all of these

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 11:45 am

Very, very stupid. The more I see how humans act, the more I wonder why dinosaurs became extinct long before humans even appeared on this planet.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2018, 5:23 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Very, very stupid. The more I see how humans act, the more I wonder why dinosaurs became extinct long before humans even appeared on this planet.

Dinosaurs existed for 140 million years before going extinct 60 million years ago. Even archaic humans didn't exist until about two million years ago. Us anatomical moderns have only been around for a couple hundred thousand years. So the dinos survived a lot longer than we have so far.

Actually, if you count birds as dinosaurs, then dinosaurs are still going strong with ten thousand living species, after being around for 200 million years.