Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2005, 2:48 am

I usually play SuperLotto here in town when the jackpot rises to about 12 mil or so.
I never really win anything, not even a buck or two. Six numbers and not even the MEGA.

I don't really play the lottery scratchers, but I might play a few if I am in the mood.

Now that California also entered the Mega Millions game, now I can play both lotto games. They started this week and I am playing the first drawing for us.

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2005, 9:14 pm

Do!! :) :star:

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 7:10 am

My NT partner (aka hubby) does. He plays it almost religiously stating all the while. "Can't win if you don't play."

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 7:13 am

My friend says he calls the lottery "stupidity tax". :twisted:

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 7:22 pm

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Lottery?

If you take the time to carefully look around you, you will see oportunity everywhere to reel in monetary benefits. Lottery is a joke to me. I don't think I could live with myself if I won the lottery because it isn't earned. I'm going to climb the ladder of real estate and make a go of it. I have some ground breaking ideas, especially for housing richly retired baby boomers who want to live well in their later years. Money to me is pointless unless I earn it. I don't even care about it that much. I just work and think up new ways to keep it comming in.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 7:42 pm

Only played a Lottery once (Tri State) and on very rare occaisions Scratch Tickets.
I think it's a waste of time.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2005, 5:19 am

I know if someone else won the whole thing, they took some of my money wheter I played or not. But if the people are allowing someone to win "unearned money" then hey, I'm gonna join in. Winners take my money, I end up taking theirs if I win something.

About the lottery giving to schools...

... yeah right, how much actually goes to the school? rather than administrations.

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2005, 5:00 pm

tom wrote:

I agree. Alabama voted down a chance to have their own lottery back in 1999. Yet, a lot of people still go to Georgia, Florida and now Tennessee for the lottery. I'll only play if the powerball or the mega millions is over $100 million. Otherwise, why bother. It's funny when the mega millions goes over $200 million and all the Alabama people drive into Georgia and have to wait in line for an hour to buy $100 worth of lotto tickets.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 10:13 pm

aaronkt wrote:
tom wrote:

I agree. Alabama voted down a chance to have their own lottery back in 1999. Yet, a lot of people still go to Georgia, Florida and now Tennessee for the lottery. I'll only play if the powerball or the mega millions is over $100 million. Otherwise, why bother. It's funny when the mega millions goes over $200 million and all the Alabama people drive into Georgia and have to wait in line for an hour to buy $100 worth of lotto tickets.

I very seldom play the lottery (usually 1 or 2 times a year). I don't do gambling (stock market or otherwise) since the odds are always rigged in favor of the house.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm

I'm always thinking about playing, but we're talking about beer money here :lol:. I was pondering using the I-Ching to help stack the odds in my favor, or at least find out if I should bother playing or not....