Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Rukkus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Sep 2018, 7:46 am

I tried CBD oil for anxiety. It is extremely effective at calming me and I feel very focused and efficient. Who Else??????????

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 8:03 am

I tried it, but at a very low dose - because I was planning to share the bottle with my spouse, who is in early Alzheimer's and also has polypharmacy. I was hoping it would help me with focus and self-direction. I can't say it did much; but I also do not feel it was a valid trial of the stuff. Also, I don't have significant problems with anxiety.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 10:15 am

I use it 2 to 3 times a day daily. My CBD pil is 26% CBD and 1.2% THC. It works better for anxiety than every benzo and antidepressant Ive ever used. It also helps my chronic hives and chronic pain/arthritis.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 11:37 am

I had to look it up because I wasn't even sure what CBD oil was, although I read about someone on Autistic Not Weird's Facebook page who was moving to the US where they wouldn't be able to give the oil to their child.

CBD oil is available by prescription in Canada, but I have no desire whatsoever to take it and become a stoner. And that's if I'm lucky not to have side effects I'd rather not deal with like I have with most prescription drugs. :x

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 3:51 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I had to look it up because I wasn't even sure what CBD oil was, although I read about someone on Autistic Not Weird's Facebook page who was moving to the US where they wouldn't be able to give the oil to their child.

CBD oil is available by prescription in Canada, but I have no desire whatsoever to take it and become a stoner. And that's if I'm lucky not to have side effects I'd rather not deal with like I have with most prescription drugs. :x

Do a little more research. You can't get stoned on CBD oil. It takes THC to get stoned. (And not the tiny percentage that Noca reported he takes - that's basically just a residue of the refinement process.)

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 4:00 pm

CBD oil doesn't seem to do anything for my anxiety.
It does work very well for my other conditions though.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 6:41 pm

I use it sometimes but not regularly because I can't afford it. It helps me be calmer. I don't think it helps me as much as it helps you but I do notice a little difference.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 6:43 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

I use Karma Farma brand. It is CBD only, no THC. You absolutely cannot get stoned with it or addicted to it.

Wreck It Ralph

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2018, 4:30 am

Have tried, with pleasant results. Don't need a scrip for it, but it's really expensive here.

deegood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2019, 12:53 am

I order cbd oil via Amazon, it is not legal at my state yet, unfortunately (and I really can't understand why). [gives the best relaxing and calming effect I ever felt, and it also provokes no side effects, just a real wonder.

Last edited by B19 on 13 Nov 2019, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.: spammer

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 12:54 am

I read recently that it's suspected to potentially cause liver damage.

Jhony23
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2021, 10:32 am

Me too! I have used CBD to cope with the anxiety my body developed after some unfortunate family-related events, including divorce and the whole process of separation. Not a single medication prescribed for my health condition didn’t help as much as CBD oils have. I usually put it in my water, and after drinking it, the calming effect on my nervous system slowly appears, and everything around me seems much more relaxed. The friend that got me into this CBD thing also told me a very efficient hack on how to find trustful brands that provide good services and products.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2021, 4:47 pm

Rukkus wrote:
I tried CBD oil for anxiety. It is extremely effective at calming me and I feel very focused and efficient. Who Else??????????

I tried it too, it’s definitely helped with the anxieties, I’d say about 60% effective. Soon as I left the UK, seems I don’t really need the use of it until I’m back there again I suppose.

Shadweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2022, 12:24 pm

I have tried 10mg CBD capsules from a well known and reputable high street chain store in the UK.

They did indeed work great for sleep and helped my anxiety too.

The only problem is that tolerance builds extremely quickly. After 2 or 3 weeks of only intermittent use they are no longer effective for sleep. This is a huge disappointment, and I've heard other Autistic people say exactly the same thing about current CBD products initially being effective, but then tolerance wipes them out in no time.

Hopefully further improvements can be made so that these products could continue to work beyond just a couple of weeks.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 2:40 am

That seems consistent with information I had from a former colleague who began as a research chemist, which was that active parts of canibis were fat soluble and over time accumulated and blocked their receptors diminishing the effects, risking user taking increasing doses to maintain the effect.

He also amused us with the account of the fire procedure at one place where he worked, where the assembly point was next to a large tank of acetone.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 3:29 pm

I have trouble getting calm for long stretches of time.

That said, I work in a place that is under federal FCC regulations, which require us to be drug-tested. They do check for cannabis.

I always thought it's not worth the risk of losing my job, which was hard to get. Am I wrong?

Also, my short-term memory is quite poor already.