Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 8:31 pm

I've been told I'm the most wired person another techie friend knows. I don't know if there's any way around this fact when the different wires are real physical objects we must arrange.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2018, 8:33 pm

People are more able to relax and be flexible when they are not being judged or labeled.

Otherwise, other people's reactions, are their problems.

Richard

Autism-Aspergers is just a concept invented to legitimate the abuse of children and adults. Neuro-Diversity is just a way of pleading for pity. Everytime we endorse these concepts, we are further maginalizing ourselves, and encouraging child abuse. Autism-Asperger's could never even exist without Nazi Social Darwinism and Eugenics. So I no longer talk about these, I talk about lived experience, often the experience of being othered and then persecuted. I call this experience of having intelligence, insight, intuition, and mystical abilities, the Shamanic Experience. And those of us who live it need to start banding together and protecting ourselves, each other, and the children of today. Beautiful Planet, just a rotten economic and political system.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2018, 9:13 pm

I certainly don't really associate with anyone who's wired 'normally' - they're either baffling or terrifying.

The few people I can honestly communicate with are all quite eccentric.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2018, 5:02 pm

Every time you or I endorse the concepts of Autism, Asperger's, or Neurological Difference, we are further marginalizing ourselves, and we are encouraging child abuse.

Right now, there are parents driving their child to the doctor, simply because they find the child to be an embarrassment. And these are children whom the parents did not need to have, they merely did so hoping that they would be able to give themselves an unstigmatized adult identity.

Autism-Aspergers is just a concept invented to legitimate the abuse of children and adults. Neuro-Diversity is just a way of pleading for pity. Everytime we endorse these concepts, we are further maginalizing ourselves, and encouraging child abuse. Autism-Asperger's could never even exist without Nazi Social Darwinism and Eugenics. So I no longer talk about these, I talk about lived experience, often the experience of being othered and then persecuted. I call this experience of having intelligence, insight, intuition, and mystical abilities, the Shamanic Experience. And those of us who live it need to start banding together and protecting ourselves, each other, and the children of today. Beautiful Planet, just a rotten economic and political system.

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2018, 2:14 am

I'm actually amused by the term, to be honest. I'm not trying to take away the fact that autism is a serious condition for a lot of people, but sometimes we just need to laugh at ourselves and try not to take such an us-versus-them approach to the world. That's just my two cents, though.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"