Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

20 Nov 2018, 1:12 pm

I go PC over console any day for many reasons:

1. PCs are customizable. You can't do that with a console.
2. PC Parts can be upgraded at any time depending on the capabilities of the motherboard.
3. If I ever wanted to play on a console with only an xbox, I can buy the games, put the disc in a disc drive, and use a wired xbox controller that plugs in via a USB port or wireless with Bluetooth. Windows 10 can do that for you. Don't ask me how you can talk to friends via xbox live on PC because idk if that is part of it.
4. You don't have to pay every month to get a membership just to talk to your friends. Discord is also there for a reason.

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2018, 5:07 pm

When it comes to video games, I prefer consoles over pc games. I like consoles more because I'm not exactly the kind of person that likes chatting with others while gaming (since I have social anxiety), you don't have to worry about losing the connection and because consoles generally have more games than a pc (especially Pokemon games). The consoles I have are a Gameboy Color, a Nintendo DSI, a 3DS, and a Nintendo Switch. :D

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 10:19 pm

Most recently PC.

I was into PS4 for a couple of years after someone left a PS4 at my house and forgot to take it with him. A few months ago he came to retrieve it. I decided to build a PC. Now I am without a current gen console but I have a PC, so I play PC games.

This is good in a way because it allows me to fully utilize my 3 TV setup. The PS4 could only render on one TV at a time but the PC uses all 3 of them using Nvidia surround. This is one of my favourite aspects of PC gaming.

I haven't been playing retro games as much lately since my SNES bricked and my NES got stolen, along with my games for NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube. At least I still have my collection of Atari, Megadrive and Saturn games but most of my Ataris have died.

I'm beginning to see that the simple flaw in retrogaming is that the hardware doesn't last forever. I bought a SNES classic last year. That type of machine may be the future of retrogaming.

Edit: Oops. I forgot that I already answered this question lol

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 7:03 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I haven't been playing retro games as much lately since my SNES bricked and my NES got stolen, along with my games for NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube. At least I still have my collection of Atari, Megadrive and Saturn games but most of my Ataris have died.

I'm beginning to see that the simple flaw in retrogaming is that the hardware doesn't last forever. I bought a SNES classic last year. That type of machine may be the future of retrogaming.

All I have to say to this is.... emulators. This is why they exist. Hell, the "classic" things Nintendo has been selling are just unusually inferior emulations.

I mean, I've had that same thought... hardware doesnt last forever, with the NES and such... but then I look at my PC which has every NES, SNES, Atari 2600, and Gameboy game ever made, and every arcade game made before 2008 (and all of this backed up in many places for a paranoid level of security), and think... yeah, it doesnt matter much.

liamdude5
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Dec 2018, 8:01 pm

Console. I just find it easier to use a controller than a keyboard.

Plus, you can't play Mario on a PC.