I messed up on online dating.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 6:06 pm

You had the option to not put a picture up (or at least upload a person-less image) and you chose to put a picture of someone else up instead. When someone else realises this, the why becomes irrelevant to them as it's dishonest and misleading.

Take this mistake on the chin but be sure to learn from it. Upload your picture or no picture.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 2:49 am

I agree that he shouldn't have used a fraudulent picture but not putting up a picture at all is barely an option, given that many women specify in their photos that they won't respond to men without a picture.

(I don't know whether or not men have similar rules in their profiles as I haven't looked at any men's profiles)

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 5:56 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I agree that he shouldn't have used a fraudulent picture but not putting up a picture at all is barely an option, given that many women specify in their photos that they won't respond to men without a picture.

(I don't know whether or not men have similar rules in their profiles as I haven't looked at any men's profiles)

Well if you can't put up a picture of yourself, don't go on a dating site. Go on a friendship site if you don't want people to care what you look like.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Sep 2018, 10:23 am

I used LOTS of online dating sites for many years. There were times I had pix uploaded & other times I did not. I didn't care about looks at all when searching for a partner & I was kind of wanting someone who was the same way but I did say my pix were available upon request & I messaged lots of women who didn't have pix as well as lots who did. I also NEVER uploaded pix of somebody else, that's a hallmark catfish sign. I had NO luck on dating sites whether I had pix uploaded or not. Women almost never replied to my messages & they all quit messaging after a couple. About the only time I actually chatted with women on dating sites was when the dating site had an active forum/message board. I posted in the forums a lot & some people messaged me because of that but they were never women who were wanting a realtionship with me. I met both my exes & current girlfriend on online forums that were not part of dating sites & pix actually were never exchanged till after we got in a relationship. I wasn't against the idea, it just wasn't a priority for us.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition