Page 7 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 12:37 pm

I'd hazard a guess that a majority of the really bonkers theorists also have one radical political alignment or another.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:50 am

cberg wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
cberg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Well?

Did I omit anything?

The Patriot Act is not a conspiracy theory, it is a real conspiracy. You just reminded me to turn off Google's voiceprint recognition on this phone.

All conspiracy theorists say they're conspiracy theory is a real conspiracy. If the government wanted to track you through your phone adjusting the settings would make no difference.

That's why I routinely replace the whole operating system. Hardware interfaces & sensors are still toggled on & off by the users, governments just control back doors into telecoms. Wiretapping spanning the entire U.S. is a FACT.

Unless you have a hardwired switch that disconnects the microphone you can't be sure you've toggled anything. If that phone is associated with your phone number than they can still track your location, who you've called and many other things about you.

I'd suggest that turning it off and removing the battery would be more effective than refreshing the operating system.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:52 am

cberg wrote:
Do you seriously believe the govt. doesn't want absolute totalitarian rule over the masses?
I know I would if I was them. The only way not to be ruled is to rule.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 6:44 pm

The October Surprise Conspiracy

Quote:
October 21: Iran, for reasons not explained, abruptly shifts its position in secret negotiations with the Carter administration and disclaims "further interest in receiving military equipment"

100th post on this thread

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 7:19 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
cberg wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
cberg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Well?

Did I omit anything?

The Patriot Act is not a conspiracy theory, it is a real conspiracy. You just reminded me to turn off Google's voiceprint recognition on this phone.

All conspiracy theorists say they're conspiracy theory is a real conspiracy. If the government wanted to track you through your phone adjusting the settings would make no difference.

That's why I routinely replace the whole operating system. Hardware interfaces & sensors are still toggled on & off by the users, governments just control back doors into telecoms. Wiretapping spanning the entire U.S. is a FACT.

Unless you have a hardwired switch that disconnects the microphone you can't be sure you've toggled anything. If that phone is associated with your phone number than they can still track your location, who you've called and many other things about you.

I'd suggest that turning it off and removing the battery would be more effective than refreshing the operating system.

Well yes but unless the actual system images for the boards are an issue here, the phone is not running a factory OS; when I turn something off, it's actually off.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 7:23 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
cberg wrote:
Do you seriously believe the govt. doesn't want absolute totalitarian rule over the masses?

Thus I think this thread is ignoring the definition of theory, in order to downplay real analyses of what's going on. When people conspire for any reason, it's not just in theory.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 2:21 am

cberg wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
cberg wrote:
Thus I think this thread is ignoring the definition of theory, in order to downplay real analyses of what's going on. When people conspire for any reason, it's not just in theory.
Who's conspiring?