High School experience was worse than I thought

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Movapage
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Sep 2018, 12:16 am

So, the title might be a bit misleading, but I've already graduated high school (thankfully).
But I came to the realization last night that I was picked on a lot more than I thought. I was picked on for pretty much everything you can think of.
-My height (I was 4'9, and people would joke about how I don't have to ride in a booster seat anymore)
-My handwriting (My APUSH teacher made fun of my handwriting in front of the entire class, and also pointed it out on a note on my paper.)
-My lack of a driver's license (I had "friends" make fun of me for this from high school, all the way through my freshman year of college. I had been ostracized from one particular group in college because of this reason. I gave up on trying to make friends in college after that moment.)
-My naiveness (An upperclassmen in high school gave me a horrible nickname based off of a certain sexual thing that my name can be combined with when I was in 7TH GRADE. People have also gotten me to say some other curse words that I had no idea what they even meant.)
-And more reasons that I have absolutely no idea about (There were a few guys in my grade that would pick on a certain few girls... And I was on of them. I dealt with this for three years. Yippee.)

And everyone wondered why I wanted desperately to be homeschooled.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 5:11 pm

I got picked on a lot growing up too. I used to have a really bad overbite and kids called me all kinds of names because of it. I was always awkward and dorky looking too. I have always looked young for my age. People my age would treat me like a child and talk down to me because they thought I was younger than them. I still encounter that especially when I'm out somewhere with my parents. I still don't have my driver's license. People look at me funny and pass judgement when I'm presenting my learners permit at a restaurant, a liquor store, a voting booth, or anywhere else that requires ID. I can't seem to make friends anywhere. I'm always the odd one out.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 12:50 am

You got picked on for not having a driver's liscence in high school? When I was in high school, none of us students had driver's liscences.

I also have horribly bad handwriting. Is that a common aspie trait?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Sep 2018, 3:02 am

I was bullied aLOT in elementary skewl for lots of reasons but not nearly as much in high-skewl. Anyways I didn't realize till years after graduating that I was picked on a lot more than I thought in high-skewl. Some of my so-called friends liked to ask me lots of weird questions that I thought seemed stupid at the time but I would answer or tell them I don't know & never really thought about WHY they were asking. I realize now they were laughing behind my back at my stupid responses & I was too ret*d at the time to realize it which they were probably also laughing about.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

NickRelson
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2018, 4:59 am

:cry: I"m sorry.