Mental Health Professionals Agree - Trump is Dangerous.

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 10:45 am

Note: This is not some quack second-guessing the actions and words of a random street person; this is a real mental-health professional evaluating our president for his actions and words.

"What we observed were signs of mental instability -- signs that would eventually play out not only in the White House, but in domestic situations and in the geopolitical sphere ... his mental challenges could cause him to take unpredictable and potentially extreme and dangerous measures to distract from his legal problems ... the president has already shown an alarming escalation of irrational behavior dyring times of distress. Others have observed him to be 'unstable', 'losing a step', and 'unravelling'. He is likely to enter such a state again." -- Bandy X. Lee, Assistant clinical Professor, Yale School of Medicine, Yale University.

Source: Mental Health Professionals Agree with Woodward and the NYT Op-Ed Author: Trump Is Dangerous

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 10:51 am

I thought Dotard Dump was a “stable genius” though... :|

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 10:55 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
I thought Dotard Dump was a “stable genius” though...
A legend in his own mind, perhaps...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 11:15 am

At this point I am starting to think anyone who claims to support and love trump is trolling...I mean I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can look at this guy and be like. "yes greatest president ever'. Aside from his dangerous mental instability. How can someone actually want a president who is directly threatening or National Forests/public outdoor spaces as well as the endangered species act? Its disgusting. Also I don't think we've ever had a president before who spends so much time whining, complaining and talking sh*t on twitter.

Its embarrassing to have a president who acts like a spoiled brat.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 07 Sep 2018, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 7:56 pm

The sad thing is, if I was in his position I don't think I could do a better job. I'm not that stable either.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 9:52 pm

Styx posted some thoughts on this article earlier today.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 10:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
Note: This is not some quack second-guessing the actions and words of a random street person; this is a real mental-health professional evaluating our president for his actions and words.

"What we observed were signs of mental instability -- signs that would eventually play out not only in the White House, but in domestic situations and in the geopolitical sphere ... his mental challenges could cause him to take unpredictable and potentially extreme and dangerous measures to distract from his legal problems ... the president has already shown an alarming escalation of irrational behavior dyring times of distress. Others have observed him to be 'unstable', 'losing a step', and 'unravelling'. He is likely to enter such a state again." -- Bandy X. Lee, Assistant clinical Professor, Yale School of Medicine, Yale University.

Source: Mental Health Professionals Agree with Woodward and the NYT Op-Ed Author: Trump Is Dangerous

While I agree with you, Fnord, it is still, IMNSHO, an armchair diagnosis. Until he sits in a mental health clinic, and goes through a thorough examination by a clinician (be it psychologist or psychiatrist), he has no diagnosis.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 10:42 pm

It would be funny if a bunch of hippies got together, baked him some "special brownies" and sent them to his home in a gold plated box for him to enjoy. Those brownies would calm him right down.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 1:42 am

All mental conditions have both positive and negatives traits.

This assessment doesn't tell us the list of the positive traits his mental condition(s) cause.

It's like only looking at observable negative ASD traits, and concluding, "these observable traits make this ASD person potentially dangerous". In truth, maybe his positive traits more than outweigh the negatives.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 1:56 am

Quote:
None of this is a surprise to those of us who, 18 months ago, put together our own public service book, “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President.”

So what's been a significant outcome of this in18 months? In clinical terms, what truly crazy dangerous thing has he done?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 2:02 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
All mental conditions have both positive and negatives traits.

This assessment doesn't tell us the list of the positive traits his mental condition(s) cause.

It's like only looking at observable negative ASD traits, and concluding, "these observable traits make this ASD person potentially dangerous". In truth, maybe his positive traits more than outweigh the negatives.

Trump's main "negative trait" seems to be that he's a "rigid individual thinker".

He ignores advice, he ignores his advisors, says non-PC things, he has said "I know more than my generals", he stated numerous times about how great his brain is, and he doesn't worry too much about public opinion. He does things *his way*.

Once they asked him who he consults with consistently ...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 6:34 am

The NRA forums might have looked a bit like this under Obama.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 8:13 am

Meistersinger wrote:
Fnord wrote:

While I agree with you, Fnord, it is still, IMNSHO, an armchair diagnosis. Until he sits in a mental health clinic, and goes through a thorough examination by a clinician (be it psychologist or psychiatrist), he has no diagnosis.
Excellent point! Now, the only difficulty lies in getting the Demander In Chief into a psychiatric facility where he could be thoroughly examined and assessed for whatever issues plague his sanity.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2018, 2:25 pm

In spite of my heavily Trump - negative approach, I still didn't believe he was a danger, mentally speaking. Yet it seems to have emerged recently that even the cabinet is now concerned with his approach.

Yet, can anybody even do anything? Even Yale educated probably won't be taken entirely seriously.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 2:34 pm

Yep. Something can be done if Trump really goes too far.

He can be declared "incompetent" under the auspices of the 25th Amendment.

Woodrow Wilson was declared "incompetent" for a while after he suffered a stroke. Of course, this was before the 25th Amendment. But there is precedent for this

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2018, 2:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. Something can be done if Trump really goes too far.

He can be declared "incompetent" under the auspices of the 25th Amendment.

Woodrow Wilson was declared "incompetent" for a while after he suffered a stroke. Of course, this was before the 25th Amendment. But there is precedent for this
That would be helpful, I'm more concerned he'd somehow dodge any attempts to really trigger any such thing.