I don't think I live in a good place for a job

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 5:15 pm

Location location location! I don't think that living in a little farm community in the Midwest is helping me out very much! My caseworker said today they have programs to help with getting employment but their clients are people who have previously worked at places like McDonald's, gas stations, etc... They are not sure what to do with a "bird person". She said my best bet around here would be to enquire at MSU which is a commutable distance from here and is the very university my degree is from. But my caseworker has a point too, what is stopping me from moving right now she says?

I'd like to take to GRE over again because my old scores expired ande if I can get my Masters which has been a dream of mine too.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 6:02 pm

Just go wherever you need to go, immediately, without looking back or any more regrets or hesitations, and screw whoever is holding you back if they don’t want to scram with you.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 6:54 pm

Yeah, I think you probably will need to relocate for the kind of job you want. Don't be afraid! You can do this!

You have a narrow interest and there are relatively few jobs in that field; but there are some. To get them, you probably will have to move.

If you can get that state to pay for your master's degree, very cool. See if that's a possibility.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 8:29 pm

I poured over every job resource I could find today and came up with a couple more positions to apply to. I also looked back at one position and realized due to the nature of it I could send them samples of my work, I want to do this with another position if possible.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 12:22 pm

I convinced my husband to consider our old town because we know people there, and I have relatives there that are decent people, lol, so I contacted one of our old friends on FB messenger, texted my aunt that lives there, and also posted on our old church's fb page. The place where we live is depressing me the most, maybe we should move first then find a job...

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 1:37 pm

Those sound like some good actions to take. It's always better to be around good relatives than bad ones!