Trump warns he could cause the ‘ruination’ of Canada

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 8:08 am

Trump warns he could cause the ‘ruination’ of Canada

Quote:
Returning to his bellicose trade rhetoric, U.S. President Donald Trump warned Friday that he would cause the “ruination” of Canada if he imposed tariffs on Canadian-made cars.

Trump issued the threat during another day of North American Free Trade Agreement negotiations that did not produce a deal between the U.S. and Canada. Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland continued to describe the talks as constructive but provided no details...

“I don’t want to do anything bad to Canada. I can — all I have to do is tax their cars, it would be devastating. If I tax cars coming in from Canada, it would be devastating,” he continued, according to a pool reporter travelling with him.

Trump speaks at a fundraiser in Fargo, N.D., on Sept. 7, 2018. On his way to the event, Trump took a swipe at the pace of NAFTA talks threatening Canada with “ruination.” “I don’t want to do anything bad to Canada. I can — all I have to do is tax their cars, it would be devastating,” Trump said. (Susan Walsh / AP)

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 8:13 am

^^^troll bait.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 8:21 am

Oh, I thought he said he could cause the rumination of the nation. You know: rumination, a sign that there’s bovine manure on the way.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 12:12 pm

I wonder if he is thinking if I nuke them the radiation blows into the blue states and I get rid of two problems at once and then nobody will mess with me. I would not put it past him.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 7:14 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I wonder if he is thinking if I nuke them the radiation blows into the blue states and I get rid of two problems at once and then nobody will mess with me. I would not put it past him.

Neither would I, but the radiation that gets Jersey and New Haven would also get Trump Tower, so I doubt it.

Of course, Trump could always stand ranting on the roof of Trump Tower and his bloviation would probably cause the radioactive cloud to diverge in his area, but then, Old Bone Spur wouldn't have the guts to try.