what was the story behind your gamer handle/battletags

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

teresa_mayhem_downing_street
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Sep 2018, 1:29 pm

a shout out to fellow aspie overwatch players, i wanna know what inspired your battletags/gamer handles i'll start; my battletag is LupusCCCLIX which translates in latin as Wolf 359 the site of the federation borg conflict in the two part star trek:The Next Generation story Best Of Both Worlds because i am a fan of the star trek franchise and that for me was the most epic star trek storyline ever so i thought it would be cool having that in latin as a gamer tag. anyone interested in sharing theirs? :oops: :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 1:36 pm

I don't play Overwatch, but the Internet handle I use everywhere (except here) is the same one I've used since I was 13, and it's the name of one of my LARP characters from when I was in elementary school.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2018, 2:02 pm

I used to be trapped with the fairly mortifying moniker "CoolCars42" on 360, because I wasn't one to choose the name.

When I got my PS3, I elected the name "SteelVines". Unfortunately, I had to replace the first to e's with 3 so it became "St33lVines". The reason behind this I think derived from fiction that I planned to write, one which involved metal vines over growing the world. I can't remember the concept precisely. It may have also been inspired by another work of fiction I was going to write but unfortunately failed, which involved blood being turned into metal inside the veins as a symptom of a disease.

I later created a new account called SteelSolo. This is my current PS4 account. It's a sort of portmanteau of my original moniker and the fact that I play Rocksmith a lot, hence the Solo part.