Page 3 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 4:23 pm

Depends on the school and depends on who will be at the reunion. I did have a small circle of friends around me. I wouldn’t mind a small reunion with that small group as for a larger reunion not really that interested. Also I have relocated since leaving school so it would be harder for me to get to a school reunion anyway.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 4:25 pm

The irony of disposing of my MS and HS yearbooks was that many old classmates have found me on Facebook and as much as I wanted to block them, I added them to my Facebook "friend list" in a reluctant manner.

In fact one girl who I had a huge crush on when we were in middle school together found me on FB and invited me to her house for a game night not only with her boyfriend, but with some old classmates too.

This was about two years ago and I had a surprisingly good time. However, in order to avoid my mom getting suspicious, I told my mom I was going to a wedding for a relative of my former crush because even now, my mom tells me that I have to get her permission for me to have a girlfriend.

Thankfully, my old crush and her boyfriend are now married and have been for about two years.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 4:38 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
The irony of disposing of my MS and HS yearbooks was that many old classmates have found me on Facebook and as much as I wanted to block them, I added them to my Facebook "friend list" in a reluctant manner.

In fact one girl who I had a huge crush on when we were in middle school together found me on FB and invited me to her house for a game night not only with her boyfriend, but with some old classmates too.

This was about two years ago and I had a surprisingly good time. However, in order to avoid my mom getting suspicious, I told my mom I was going to a wedding for a relative of my former crush because even now, my mom tells me that I have to get her permission for me to have a girlfriend.

Thankfully, my old crush and her boyfriend are now married and have been for about two years.

Yes, it is ironic, but proof that people can "grow up" about those who they formerly insulted.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 5:47 pm

AspieUtah wrote:

Yes, it is ironic, but proof that people can "grow up" about those who they formerly insulted.

True, in fact my former crush "broke character" in the aftermath of the passing of my late father in 2002. She was one of the "popular girls" when we were in middle school and I was one of the "weird kids."

"Breaking character" of course pissed off other girls in her clique and according to her, all of them never forgave her for what she did seeing her "breaking character" as a betrayal.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 7:40 pm

I went to my county co tech school. I grew up in rural Pennsylvania and the majority of my classmates are Trump supporters.

I didn't have friends in high school and I was bullied a lot. So, not interested in attending my reunion at all. I graduated in 2011 and we haven't had an "official" reunion yet.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 8:50 pm

If you saw my comment, I went to my county vo tech school. I don't align with the political views held by the vast majority of my classmates.

MrMacPhisto wrote:
Depends on the school and depends on who will be at the reunion. I did have a small circle of friends around me. I wouldn’t mind a small reunion with that small group as for a larger reunion not really that interested. Also I have relocated since leaving school so it would be harder for me to get to a school reunion anyway.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 9:30 pm

Yes, I skip them all. Never been to a single one.

I was happy then, and I'm happy now, but it's not the conventional form of happy, and I don't really care to explain or justify it. And so much of "normal" socialization, now, seems to be about pointless competition. No thanks.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

NickRelson
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2018, 4:29 am

Yes :cry: .

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 7:25 am

Haven’t been to a high school reunion since my 15th year reunion. Most of my graduating class were arrogant, self-important, self-serving pricks then, as now. Even though a few of them live nearby, none of them make an effort to contact me, unless they want sh!t work done, and they want it done for free.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2018, 2:00 pm

d057 wrote:
I went to my county co tech school. I grew up in rural Pennsylvania and the majority of my classmates are Trump supporters.

I didn't have friends in high school and I was bullied a lot. So, not interested in attending my reunion at all. I graduated in 2011 and we haven't had an "official" reunion yet.

Hate to say this, but I'm not sorry about whats happening in North Carolina. Most of those people are racist, think Trump is wonderful, would love for the South to have won the Civil War, and think global warming is a myth.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2018, 2:10 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
I disposed of not only my HS yearbooks, but also my middle school yearbooks too.

Oooh, I did, too. I tossed my junior-high school and senior-high school yearbooks unceremoniously into a dumpster.

I also threw away my yearbooks, did not buy a class ring, and did not attend a post graduation ceremony lunch for our class.

After getting my diploma, I was *DONE* with those people and never cared to see them again.

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2018, 2:24 pm

Seems my whole class dropped off the face of the earth.
I looked at the web page for my 30th reunion, around 10 of 330 went.
But class of '88 didn't even show up for pep rallies back when we we're in high school.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2018, 2:30 pm

pete413 wrote:
Seems my whole class dropped off the face of the earth.
I looked at the web page for my 30th reunion, around 10 of 330 went.
But class of '88 didn't even show up for pep rallies back when we we're in high school.

I hated those. And I hated how they had a system that stold 10 minutes from every period so you would have time at the end of the day for them. Our football team was awful anyway and would have like 54-0 defeats. No joke. Never won a single game all the four years I was there, not that I would have cared much.

BookwormSophie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2018, 3:00 am

I’m too young to have had a class reunion yet but I don’t think I’ll go to mine even though I went to a private school for 12 years so I grew up with those girls. I struggled academically and I severely struggled socially but I have a very nice career right now as a teacher. I don’t think anyone expected that of me. I didn’t even expect that. I still don’t want to go. I feel no attachment to those girls and my school. I don’t want to “rehash the past” or reminisce or compare lives or ask them about their lives. Then again, even though my mom never stayed friends with any of her classmates, she befriended several of them during the reunions. So over the decades she’s collected friends from school. I dunno. Maybe that would happen with me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Sep 2018, 2:27 am

I skipped my 10 year reunion. I hated skewl when I was there & NEVER went to any functions that weren't mandatory; I never went to a dance or sports game or anything else. I was kind of social at skewl & was burnt out when I didn't need to be there. I mostly just wanted to be left alone outside of skewl. I was never a big fan of social gatherings & I'm still not. I'm also disabled & went to a private Catholic high-skewl where lots of the students came from money & lean conservative.
Some conservatives tend to look down on disableds so that's another reason I felt it was better for me not to go.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 2:31 am

^^^ "some" conservatives?? :o