^^^ "some" conservatives?? :o

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Sep 2018, 2:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
When Trump ran in the primaries he campaigned that he was the one conservative candidate who would protect Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid. I figured it was a big fat lie & was rite. But the point is that there must be more than a few conservatives who support those programs & the people who support those programs tend to be more supportive or at least accepting of disableds. We just never hear about those conservatives.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 2:49 am

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
When Trump ran in the primaries he campaigned that he was the one conservative candidate who would protect Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid. I figured it was a big fat lie & was rite. But the point is that there must be more than a few conservatives who support those programs & the people who support those programs tend to be more supportive or at least accepting of disableds. We just never hear about those conservatives.

"those" conservatives are moderates who were systematically expelled from the GOP ages ago. nope, to a person they would sell us down the river.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 1:23 pm

My classmates tried to nag me into attending prom and going with someone purely out of pity for the fact that I struggled socially. I never gave into it because I thought prom was a highly pretentious waste of time.

nick007 wrote:
I skipped my 10 year reunion. I hated skewl when I was there & NEVER went to any functions that weren't mandatory; I never went to a dance or sports game or anything else. I was kind of social at skewl & was burnt out when I didn't need to be there. I mostly just wanted to be left alone outside of skewl. I was never a big fan of social gatherings & I'm still not. I'm also disabled & went to a private Catholic high-skewl where lots of the students came from money & lean conservative.
Some conservatives tend to look down on disableds so that's another reason I felt it was better for me not to go.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Sep 2018, 10:09 pm

d057 wrote:
My classmates tried to nag me into attending prom and going with someone purely out of pity for the fact that I struggled socially. I never gave into it because I thought prom was a highly pretentious waste of time.
There was one girl I think who would of went with me if I had asked. Her dad brought me home on Fridays. She was in band so she stayed late the rest of the skewl week. Anyways we were sort of friends but not close friends or anything. I was a senior & she was a sophomore. Sophomores could only go to the prom & homecoming dances if they were with a Jr. or Senior. She was talking about wanting to go & I think she probably would of went with me if I had asked her. I had no interest in dances or romantic relationships or anything at that time so I didn't make a move. After me & my 1s girlfriend broke up at 20, I was really lonely & when our parents did stuff together, I was hoping she'd be around so I could try & maybe make a move on her. She had some characteristics I was attracted to & I thought she'd might be compatible with me. I haven't really seen her since I graduated. I think if I had went to the dance with her, we wouldn't of got in a realtionship or it wouldn't of lasted long cuz of my mental state at the time so I didn't really miss out on or lose anything.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 2:20 am

22 years since I left and one has never been arranged. Not sure reunions like this are really much of a thing in the UK

Wouldn't go anyway btw. Have no interest in meeting up with all others who still live close by

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 4:08 am

I skipped class too much to get invited to reunions.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 11:13 am

I have wondered if class reunions are mainly an American thing. Like I said, I never went to prom, homecoming or any of the other worthless social occasions in high school. Why would I want to "reconnect" with people who either hated me or who tried to "befriend" me out of pity for the fact that I struggled socially? People like that are not real friends.

Biscuitman wrote:
22 years since I left and one has never been arranged. Not sure reunions like this are really much of a thing in the UK

Wouldn't go anyway btw. Have no interest in meeting up with all others who still live close by