Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 11:00 am

President Donald Trump's first tweet of today was not concerning 9/11, nor the nearly 3000 lives that were lost in that unimaginable tragic attack on America. Instead, it was about what's always on his mind: Trying to convince the world that his election was legitimate and that he did not collude with Russia to win. No mention of the victims, the rescuers, or any wider context of the 9/11 attack.

Just the usual regurgitated pabulum about how the world is persecuting him.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 2:24 pm

More evidence that Trump is nothing more than a big baby who thinks of himself as a God above the law. :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 3:33 pm

For all practical purposes, Mr. Trump has ceased to govern. He continues to rant and issue bizarre directives, which his subordinates implement, amend, or simply disregard as they see fit.

Except in a ceremonial sense, the office of the presidency presently lies vacant. Call it an abdication-in-place. It's as if British King Edward VIII, having abandoned his throne for "the woman I love", continued to hang around Buckingham Palace fuming about the lack of respect given Wallis and releasing occasional bulletins affirming his admiration for that jack-booted, brown-shirted paperhanging thug who conquered most of Europe in the late 1930s and early 1940s.

In Mr. Trump's case, it's unlikely he ever had a more serious interest in governing than Edward had in performing duties more arduous than those he was eventually assigned as Duke of Windsor. Nonetheless, the 60-plus million Americans who voted for Mr. Trump did so with at least the expectation that he was going to shake things up.

And bigly. Remember, he was going to "lock her up". He would "drain the swamp" and "build a wall" with Mexico volunteering to foot the bill. Without further ado, he would end "this American carnage". Meanwhile, "America First" would form the basis for U.S. foreign policy. Once Mr. Trump took charge, things were going to be different, as he and he alone would "make America great again".

Yet the cataclysm that Mr. Trump's ascendency was said to signify has yet to occur. Barring a nuclear war, it won't.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 4:36 pm

He did give a pretty descent speech at Shanksville Pennsylvania today (near the crash site of the hijacked airliner) for 9-11.

I am sure that he was in agony the whole time he was talking because he was saying what a committee of advisers told him to say. But he got through the speech without going off the rails, and...without going on about how his crowd was bigger than Obama's, nor any other self referential thing like that.

So...

He IS making baby steps.

At this rate maybe in ten years he will finally be qualified to serve as president! Lol!

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 4:48 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
He did give a pretty descent speech at Shanksville Pennsylvania today (near the crash site of the hijacked airliner) for 9-11.

I am sure that he was in agony the whole time he was talking because he was saying what a committee of advisers told him to say. But he got through the speech without going off the rails, and...without going on about how his crowd was bigger than Obama's, nor any other self referential thing like that.

So...

He IS making baby steps.

At this rate maybe in ten years he will finally be qualified to serve as president! Lol!

How DARE that jackass speak on holy ground? That coward isn’t even worthy to even visit this, or any other 9/11 disaster site. Not only has he shown to be a coward, but the meeting in Helsinki and N. Korea has proven him to be a TRAITOR!!!IMPEACHMENT AND REMOVAL ISN’T GOOD ENOUGH FOR CADET BONE SPURS!! !

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 6:08 pm

Donald Trump Sparks Backlash for Doing a Double Fist Pump as He Arrives at 9/11 Memorial Service

Quote:
Donald Trump is facing widespread social media backlash after he was pictured greeting supporters with a triumphant double fist pump as he arrived to a 9/11 memorial service on Tuesday, the 17th anniversary of the terror attacks.

On Sept. 11, 2001, hours after the terror attacks toppled Manhattan’s Twin Towers, killing thousands, Trump gave an interview boasting about the fact that his building at 40 Wall Street had just become the tallest in Lower Manhattan.

During the conversation with New Jersey’s WWOR-TV/UPN 9 News, the now-president commented that his building “actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was actually — before the World Trade Center — was the tallest.” “And then, when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second-tallest. And now it’s the tallest,” he said at the time.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 7:43 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
How DARE that jackass speak on holy ground? That coward isn’t even worthy to even visit this, or any other 9/11 disaster site. Not only has he shown to be a coward, but the meeting in Helsinki and N. Korea has proven him to be a TRAITOR!! IMPEACHMENT AND REMOVAL ISN’T GOOD ENOUGH FOR CADET BONE SPURS!!
I agree with everything except the "holy ground" part. We cannot hallow, nor can we consecrate this ground; only God can do that. Otherwise...

TRE45ON!!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 10:16 pm

I absolutely concur with the notion that Trump should never be allowed to visit 9/11 monument sites.

Before and after he gave his speech at Shanksville, he and Melania looked bored, which IMO is just more evidence that President Pumpkinhead doesn't care. :evil:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 8:21 am

"President Pumpkinhead"?

That's an insult to "Pumpkinheads" everywhere.

:wink:

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 8:25 am

Nobody ever bothers to visit the Tear Drop Memorial anyway. Donated to Americans from Russians.

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
9/11 monument sites

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 9:12 am

I can't stand Trump, but he gave a proper good speech on 9/11, and he deserves some credit for that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 12:16 pm

AspE wrote:
I can't stand Trump, but he gave a proper good speech on 9/11, and he deserves some credit for that.
The only "Proper Good" speech I want to hear from Mr. Trump goes something like, "Effective immediately, I hereby resign from the office of President of the United States..."

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 7:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
AspE wrote:
The only "Proper Good" speech I want to hear from Mr. Trump goes something like, "Effective immediately, I hereby resign from the office of President of the United States..."

No, it was good, because he certainly didn't write it. And he read it with the appropriate tone, like a real president and everything!