Dads say the darndest things....

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 9:06 pm

Me tonight:

Dad: "Son, you need to go talk to your Mom, look her in the eyes and tell her you're sorry."

Son: "But I already told her I was sorry!"

Dad: "With women, sometimes you have to say you're sorry a bunch of times for the same thing before they accept it. Trust me on that, (shrugs) that's just the way it is."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 8:25 am

Magna wrote:
"... you have to say you're sorry a bunch of times for the same thing before they accept it..."
It's always too little until it's too late.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 2:45 am

This is good advice. I don't understand the why of it properly either but this is what you have to do with NT females

who are friends and family.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 8:51 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
This is good advice. I don't understand the why of it properly either but this is what you have to do with NT females who are friends and family.
Some people figuratively wear their hurt feelings like a crown, and it doesn't matter if they are NT, female, or whatever. It has to do with anyone, NT or otherwise, who puts more importance on their own hurt feelings than on any attempt at repentance and restitution.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 3:45 am

Fnord wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
This is good advice. I don't understand the why of it properly either but this is what you have to do with NT females who are friends and family.
Some people figuratively wear their hurt feelings like a crown, and it doesn't matter if they are NT, female, or whatever. It has to do with anyone, NT or otherwise, who puts more importance on their own hurt feelings than on any attempt at repentance and restitution.

In our family unit if is the man who does this. Days afterwards if is like.... "no, you can't borrow my ipad, because of the way you kicked my shoe last week" jeeeeeeeeeez..... :roll: