Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 7:39 pm

You tell me. The last time I ventured as much I got witch hunted because I'm just nothing like anyone else here. Oh well, here's a paste of what's on my mind.

The few women I do know seem to appreciate me from a distance if at all & I don't blame them. Only one even technically knows my identity & I took eight years to tell her. I'm literally made of baggage, not the least of which being that I don't even know if I have an extra chromosome. On top of that my past is an absolute mess & I'm a coder. One of those coders. Neckbeard level 1337. Geekier than nearly everyone you've ever met put together. At least I'm decently fit but broad autism phenotype sure doesn't help with that.

I am literally made of postmodern red flags. If I were a car I'd be a Chinese limousine. If the industrial chemicals which predetermined my physiology weren't enough I get plenty of plastic fumes from gadgets.

People find me interesting & presumably, way too intense. I'm just here grasping at straws for better ways to make women more comfortable around my obnoxiously preoccupied brain. Ultimately I just want to show some kind ladies that the realm of hacking is not just for guys, but I need to become more agreeable to make any progress.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 8:00 pm

I think you are interesting and I personally look forward to reading what's on your mind. I for one, am glad you do post here. Everyone deserves happiness, I hope in time you find what you are looking for.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 9:16 pm

The first step of improving yourself, is recognizing your own shortcomings. Many can't (or won't) even do that. You are ahead of the game. :P

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 10:54 pm

Thanks comrades, I should've been back but the server was down as usual. :roll: I hope this is all a matter of being more patient with the people who are already in my life because I'm as clueless as possible about new acquaintances. My new job is reasonably fun but I'm really just working so I can do more for the few people who do know me.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 4:36 am

I also find you interesting. I had such a messed up childhood and youth that I only had 1 friend and could barely open up (even a little) or form a connection with anyone before reaching my 40s.

I can't really offer advice, it's such a personal thing. It basically took me decades of healing, study of human nature and interactions (years of learning about body language and "normal" emotional expression) to be able to have meaningful relationships of any kind.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 5:14 am

Why do any of us post here?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 6:59 pm

Existential crises notwithstanding?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 7:07 pm

I post because I feel like posting.

I think, therefore I think.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 7:40 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
I also find you interesting. I had such a messed up childhood and youth that I only had 1 friend and could barely open up (even a little) or form a connection with anyone before reaching my 40s.

I can't really offer advice, it's such a personal thing. It basically took me decades of healing, study of human nature and interactions (years of learning about body language and "normal" emotional expression) to be able to have meaningful relationships of any kind.

Fair enough, I'm not so different although I live in a pretty cool place.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 7:41 pm

Yeah. You're pretty cool, Berg.

And you're less circumspect in how you express yourself than previously.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 7:55 pm

In all seriousness, a good vocabulary is not a psychiatric problem. :colors:

I guess I've been trying not to ramble lately but it could also just be laziness. On that note, time to go buy food. Return I shall.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 7:58 pm

I hope you don't get the idea that I disdain a good vocabulary.

That would be a wrong impression.

I feel like I have a decent one myself----but I often lament that I don't have even a better one.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 8:00 pm

Pardon my unusual candidness, I've been staring at a minimum of 9907200 pixels all day, I have more in front of me now.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 8:54 pm

I find you interesting and I am envious of the hacker skills you write of. Your work sounds interesting. I moved up from dumb terminals in ‘92 and had fun mucking around with DOS. I actually read the print manuals that came with it. I killed my work computer plenty of times and although I usually could fix it IT finally locked me out. I wish I knew more about today’s systems. It would be fun wandering through different sites and programs.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 5:03 am

cberg wrote:
Pardon my unusual candidness, I've been staring at a minimum of 9907200 pixels all day, I have more in front of me now.

The amount of pixels shouldn't ever change, unless you're now on a higher resolution...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 3:46 pm

We are always here to help you gain a sense of self-esteem.

Berg, you should never feel shame about your shortcomings just because you are on the spectrum. In fact, you should always remember you'll find happiness eventually. :)

I am also glad you post here on Wrong Planet. :)