Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2018, 9:47 pm

Are there any other artists on the autism spectrum out there? Is your special interest art? How would you describe your art style?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 9:01 pm

I'm a writer on the autistic spectrum. As for your first question:
I'd say so that my special interest is art, in particular the written word. As for the second question:
I paint pictures with words.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 9:02 am

I've always had a talent for drawing, it led to a scholarship in art and now I do generative design for products, I'm sure some of you own my work.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 7:09 pm

film and animation, hand drawn.
I started teaching narrative structure a few years ago, which brought me to reading philosophy and literature theory and so on, which I never cared for that much - except, now that I'm going about it through something I do care for, it's all incredibly interesting.

the downside is obviously that that seems even less something to have a conversation about than obscure japanese animation from the 80s.

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Sep 2018, 11:49 pm

Pen and ink is my favorite medium. The fact that it. An't be erased makes my insanely happy. Check out my art on instagram- inkfingers99

huimaa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2018, 2:40 am

I've written short stories from childhood till recent years. Photography and poetry has been my way of expressing emotions since I was about thirteen. I also like to draw and paint and I've been to art school, so I think art in many ways is one of the most important things in my life. I think I can also sing pretty well and I've written a few songs but I wouldn't say I'm talented musically in any way.

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 6:45 am

Photography is my main passion and definitely my special interest. 35mm film and digital. I find my work and how I use photography is very different from what people usually think when they think of photography. I paint what I see in my mind using light and shadows. My style is more dark and emotive, I'd say. The public and my friends do not know I'm an Aspie. The link to my work is in my profile if you're interested.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 5:17 pm

inkgirl wrote:
How would you describe your art style?

Sloppy =) Very sloppy.

I like to paint and doodle, but I've never bothered to practice enough to get really good at it. I bet I could (get really good) if I put my mind to it.

I used to do silly "Photoshop" things, back when people still used computers.

I briefly practiced photography, but my digital camera stopped working.

I used to write stories and scripts, but I don't really have the patience for it anymore, or the inspiration. Some of it was pretty good, but I feel like storywriting is a pretty oversaturated market, I just liked to show my stuff to friends and make them laugh.

Now if I have story ideas, I usually turn them into lyrics/songs instead. I don't write new songs very often, but when I do, I spend a lot of time on them. Quality over quantity, for sure.

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2018, 10:19 am

I used to think of myself as an "artist", but that part of me died off somewhere along the way.
I haven't felt that creative spark in years. :(

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2018, 10:22 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
back when people still used computers.

huh? I'm on a desktop right now.
Windows SEVEN as a matter of fact :P

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 12:25 pm

pete413 wrote:
I used to think of myself as an "artist", but that part of me died off somewhere along the way.
I haven't felt that creative spark in years. :(

What sort of art did you do? And may I inquire, what might reanimate that creative spark?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 12:31 pm

I have no talent in the visual arts.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 1:32 pm

I do traditional animation and illustration.

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 4:46 pm

I always want to create art - but I am not good at it. My doodles are good when I'm on the phone and distracted. I hate IRL art materials -the feeling and the mess, so do digital art, but most of it is no good. Watercolours are something I tried that wasn't too messy and had a bit of success with. What I love about art is getting into it, the focus. I can involve myself for hours and find it quite peaceful, except for the crappy results which I then feel frustrated with.

I love writing as an art outlet and have done a bit on and off over the years. I will write a story, totally absorbed in it, telling the tale, thinking out plot points and writing style etc etc, choosing good words to describe things. Really crafting it. Then I read it aloud and am overwhelmed by the emotion that the story evinces! This is always a surprise! I don't understand that at all. People like my stories, but I have a problem submitting them for publication. A stubbornness if you will.

AQ 40
ASD-1

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 5:16 pm

You want to know something? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the most expensive works of art demanded little "skill."

I am a person who likes aesthetics, who values creativity and skill in art. Let me emphasize that.

How much creativity and skill, say, does it take to paint a Campbell's Soup can?

If you are not actually skilled technically, you can use your creativity to create something quite worthy, nevertheless, if you have even an ounce of skill.

The problem with me is that I don't even have that ounce LOL

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2018, 5:32 pm

pete413 wrote:
huh? I'm on a desktop right now.
Windows SEVEN as a matter of fact :P

Not a lot of folks, though. People don't need computers anymore when their phones already have apps to face-swap, Instagram filter, Snap Chat face disguise, meme generators, GIF search, autotune, etc.