We are thinking of radical solution...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 2:02 pm

I checked back with a couple of other relatives and they are still offering to take us in because us being there would help them out immensely because they have no car and my uncle's fiance is looking for a job and she needs the transportation. We used to live with them until their pipes broke last winter and my other uncle lured us to his house with hot running water. They were fair with us in the past, might be the best solution until we find a place of our own. Also they live near a drop in center where we used to socialize with people and we used to go to marriage classes I'm betting are still running and we had a talk therapist, etc...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 3:12 pm

I just can't make decisions on my own... Talked to other people, some saying we need to move, others saying we can't. My aunt who is the manager here says we owe my uncle a chunk of my husbands disability backpay if we leave! Her sister says there is no way that is legal!

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 6:17 pm

You should really get your own place.

No more relatives!

Why would you owe your aunt a "chunk of your backpay?"

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 9:22 pm

You’ve mentioned before about the trailer you’re in having fleas etc in it. Is your uncle, your landlord, going to have your furniture and clothes fumigated before you move? It wouldn’t be fair to this other aunt to move there with infested belongings.

You’ve paid your share of rent and utilities - you don’t owe him more. Is the aunt who told you that you owe your landlord uncle his sister?

Last edited by AnneOleson on 14 Sep 2018, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 9:54 pm

This is too complicated for me to follow. I hope things work out well, whatever you decide.

I take it you have declined the job that would have taken you to the east coast?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2018, 10:31 pm

Yes Bea, things are extremely complicated, i declined to interview with the Seattle job. But since now a week from now we wont have a place to live I think finding a new place is more of a priority!